The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Wink last game

tonight was my last game for the season...in mich we started with the combined girls and boys with mixed results...many of the confrences did the seasons differently and we will see some adjusting next year...over all not to bad...did my first post season district game and worked with some great officials who watched over me like mother hens...just wanted to say thanks for all the input this year and cannot wait for next season to get started...congrats to all of the officials who recieved post season games and everyone have a great summer...
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverdale
tonight was my last game for the season...in mich we started with the combined girls and boys with mixed results...many of the confrences did the seasons differently and we will see some adjusting next year...over all not to bad...did my first post season district game and worked with some great officials who watched over me like mother hens...just wanted to say thanks for all the input this year and cannot wait for next season to get started...congrats to all of the officials who recieved post season games and everyone have a great summer...
Yes, overall, not too bad. The sky didn't fall, but I still thought the old way was better. Lot of officials making their varsity debut this year.

My favorites this year:

"The basket was good, so therefore I waved off the intentional"
......Referee after an intentional foul was called on a breakaway layup

"Tweet! Backcourt violation!"
......Referee after a hard baseline throw in by A1 in the front court goes thru A2's hands in FC and is recovered in BC by A2.

"I am not calling a "T", it was my fault for not counting"
....Referee to me as he is kicking B6 (6th player) off the floor during play.