The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
Yep...I have to arrive early enough to get "game ready" regardless of the level or I just don't feel 'into' the game.

And there's nothing worse for me than getting a few minutes behind on my way to a varsity game and feeling rushed - those are the games where I struggle the most.

All I do are lower level games right now, but I'm always 30 min early.

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.
Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have a gameday routine - not necessarily pre-game in the traditional sense, but anything you do on a game day throughout the day? Meals you eat, activities you do, things you focus on/think about?
Fart, belch, scratch myself...just like any other day. Seriously, I avoid eating anything that will weigh heavily on me as I run; otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary.
Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 03:02pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Yep...I have to arrive early enough to get "game ready" regardless of the level or I just don't feel 'into' the game.
Concur. I always call my partner the day before a game. I don't do V games (yet), but I plan my arrival 45-60 min early, regardless of the level, as to avoid problems on the road. If I get there way early, I relax, read the manuals, review my pre-game checklist, POE's, etc. At my level, my partners don't usually arive as early as me......

And, if I do "reach the next level", I won't have that many changes to make to my routine.

PS - I only listen to two kinds of music enroute - rock AND roll!!!!
Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar
Concur. I always call my partner the day before a game. I don't do V games (yet), but I plan my arrival 45-60 min early, regardless of the level, as to avoid problems on the road. If I get there way early, I relax, read the manuals, review my pre-game checklist, POE's, etc. At my level, my partners don't usually arive as early as me......

And, if I do "reach the next level", I won't have that many changes to make to my routine.

PS - I only listen to two kinds of music enroute - rock AND roll!!!!
My first couple of games, I got there 45 min early... One problem... nobody was there.. so I was standing outside till someone let me in. So for these lower level games I changed it to 30 min.

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.
Old Tue Jan 29, 2008, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
My first couple of games, I got there 45 min early... One problem... nobody was there.. so I was standing outside till someone let me in. So for these lower level games I changed it to 30 min.

You're learning, that's good.