The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,896
Wow...Baylor vs. Texas A&M currently in 5th OT

Must have been some terrible officiating to allow 5 OTs!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Dallas
Posts: 139
And I believe they finished the game with 2 officials.


EDIT--One of the officials pulled a hammy in the 1st half. Wow.

Last edited by KingTripleJump; Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 11:55pm.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 12:02am
M.A.S.H.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,030
Holy smokes!! Hope the official is ok.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 12:27am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Richmond, IN
Posts: 402
69 fouls, 8 players fouled out. 5 OT's..Lets see that would be adding one extra half plus a 5 minute quarter!!! WOW!!! According to ESPN the last 4 OT's were done with two!

Nobody can't say they didn't earn their money on this game!!
__________________
It is what it is!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 01:41am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: In a little pink house
Posts: 5,289
Send a message via AIM to Back In The Saddle Send a message via MSN to Back In The Saddle Send a message via Yahoo to Back In The Saddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
69 fouls, 8 players fouled out. 5 OT's..Lets see that would be adding one extra half plus a 5 minute quarter!!! WOW!!! According to ESPN the last 4 OT's were done with two!

Nobody can't say they didn't earn their money on this game!!
R is going to spend most of his check buying brown pops for the crew.
__________________
"It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best." - W. Edwards Deming
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 04:58am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,842
And the smart money is on Oklahoma and Oklahoma State on Saturday. That is who these two teams play next.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 07:28am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
And I believe they finished the game with 2 officials.


EDIT--One of the officials pulled a hammy in the 1st half. Wow.

I was wondering about that. Saw the tape of the overtimes and was only counting two officials and wondered if there were leagues that didn't use THREE.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 08:07am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Holy smokes!! Hope the official is ok.
I just watched the last two OTs on an online stream, so I didn't even know what happened to the other official. Wow. The players looked tired, and I noticed the officials looked a little wiped by the end, too!

Amazing game. Also just wanted to take a quick second to say that what Scott Drew has done at Baylor after the horrible series of event there a couple years ago is nothing short of amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 09:24am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Near Dog River (sorta)
Posts: 8,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
And the smart money is on Oklahoma and Oklahoma State on Saturday. That is who these two teams play next.
Good call!
__________________
Pope Francis
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 10:35am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,105
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?...=ESPNHeadlines

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (ESPN.com news services) -- Curtis Jerrells sat down, slumped his shoulders and exhaled audibly.

"I'm tired," he said.

No one could blame him after he scored a career-high 36 points in 53 minutes as Baylor (No. 25 AP) escaped with a 116-110 five-overtime win over Texas A&M (No. 16 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) on Wednesday night.

It was the longest game in Big 12 conference history.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 11:53am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?...=ESPNHeadlines

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (ESPN.com news services) -- Curtis Jerrells sat down, slumped his shoulders and exhaled audibly.

"I'm tired," he said.

No one could blame him after he scored a career-high 36 points in 53 minutes as Baylor (No. 25 AP) escaped with a 116-110 five-overtime win over Texas A&M (No. 16 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) on Wednesday night.

It was the longest game in Big 12 conference history.
Very strange....can somebody enlighten me about the last paragraph of this article:

"The game lasted so long that even one of the referees got confused. In the break before the start of the fourth overtime, a referee approached a member of the media and asked if triple overtime was about to begin. When told it was four, he shook his head and walked off.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN's research department was used in this report."
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 11:55am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckref
Very strange....can somebody enlighten me about the last paragraph of this article:

"The game lasted so long that even one of the referees got confused. In the break before the start of the fourth overtime, a referee approached a member of the media and asked if triple overtime was about to begin. When told it was four, he shook his head and walked off.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN's research department was used in this report."
Sounds like he just lost track of how many OTs it was.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 11:56am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo21
I was wondering about that. Saw the tape of the overtimes and was only counting two officials and wondered if there were leagues that didn't use THREE.
I didn't see any notes in articles about an official going down. I caught the highlights but I was getting ready for work and didn't notice. Did they in fact work a 2 man crew? Wow, that's a long night at the office.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 12:01pm
ace ace is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 530
Send a message via AIM to ace
Doug Shows, Michael Eggers, and Rick Randall were the officials.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebo...t&lid=tab1pos1

theres a video clip showing them working 2 man, quite well.
__________________
John "acee" A.
Recently got a DWI - Driving With Icee.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NCAA Rule - Ariz vs Baylor mcrowder Softball 2 Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:24am
Tennessee-Baylor ending sphinxicu Basketball 162 Fri Apr 09, 2004 09:58pm
proper use of the monitor in Baylor game Judge Basketball 26 Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:30pm
Baylor awarded place in Final Four Nevadaref Basketball 10 Fri Apr 02, 2004 09:27am
Baylor-Tennessee (part 2) ESPN Article tharbert Basketball 56 Fri Apr 02, 2004 09:02am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1