The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Post Game Ejection ?

It's a Boys frosh game. It's a game that needs to be managed . My partner, at best, is lazy and just doesn't care. He's got about 7 years experience of finding the hospitality rooms.

Visitors coach gets T'eed at halftime for swearing at us. He's pretty mellow the 2nd half. The game ends and partner disappears to the snack shack area. I wait for visitors to leave the court. Then I leave the court. Everyone uses the same corridor. As I enter the corridor the visiting coach is talking to someone and starts yelling"you're horrible" 'the worst ever"...I keep walking then he starts calling me a racist. I keep walking. Then he says" Now that the games over I can say or do anything to you that I want." Though the words weren't that bad , he definetly used a threating tone. So I chuckle and keep walking. He is literally about 1/2 my size. This little outburst of love was witnessed by a school security person and the home coach.

Question is could I have ejected him ?

Varsity ref says yes. I thought no because I have left the confines of the court, and we were in the locker room.

What say you ?

Last edited by Chess Ref; Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 09:20am.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

You are correct. You can only report the incident to the proper authority.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:32am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Agree with Nevada, and only adding that you definitely should report this. That behavior was ridiculous.

Last edited by Adam; Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 09:40am.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Agree with Nevada, and only adding that you definitely should report this. That behavior was rediculous.
I would correct your spelling error, but I'm sure that my post would just get deleted and that I would get in trouble, so I won't.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:37am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I would correct your spelling error, but I'm sure that my post would just get deleted and that I would get in trouble, so I won't.
Thank you.

I fixed it.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I wait for visitors to leave the court. Then I leave the court.
Why? Unless absolutely necessary to remain on court - get out! I wouldn't go to the "snack shack" but I'd get out to my changing area while teams are displaying their sportsmanship with the handshake line. Then, no confrontation with coach at all.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui
Why? Unless absolutely necessary to remain on court - get out! I wouldn't go to the "snack shack" but I'd get out to my changing area while teams are displaying their sportsmanship with the handshake line. Then, no confrontation with coach at all.
Probably because he didn't wish to squeeze into the single exit hallway with the exiting teams.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Best method to handle this right there. Haul buns out of there as soon as you end the game. Hanging around puts you in a bad position. That being said, definitely report this idiot. You are not within your jurisdiction to eject the coach, but if I were an administrator, personally I'd be hiring a new coach.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Agreed.

In a perfect world final horn sounds,partner and I move smartly to our locker room.

In my real world from last night.

Horn sounds. Partner has to go to table to pick up jacket he insisted on bringing out for 2nd half . Also needs to hit on GLM at table one last time.
I wait at the jumpers circle for partner. He gets done hitting on GLM/picking up jacket and meets me at circle and then tells me he's going to "snack shack" and he's just gonna stay out here till the next game gets going.

So thats how I ended up waiting for visitors to leave the court.....
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Game over get out of Dodge ASAP. If you must stay on the Court get a good distance away from both benches preferably toward the exit that way the Coach has to go way out of his/her way to confront you or your partner. That way he/she is clearly the aggressor and can't make the claim that you initiated the confrontation when the game was over.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 10:03am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
Agreed.

In a perfect world final horn sounds,partner and I move smartly to our locker room.

In my real world from last night.

Horn sounds. Partner has to go to table to pick up jacket he insisted on bringing out for 2nd half . Also needs to hit on GLM at table one last time.
I wait at the jumpers circle for partner. He gets done hitting on GLM/picking up jacket and meets me at circle and then tells me he's going to "snack shack" and he's just gonna stay out here till the next game gets going.

So thats how I ended up waiting for visitors to leave the court.....
Good God. And to think I was annoyed at my partner for taking 15 seconds to get off the court Tuesday. I was on the baseline by the door and was through it as the horn was done sounding. Then I had to wait FIFTEEN full seconds for him to get out. Shocking!
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 10:11am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Concur about getting out right after the game.

However, last yr after "getting outa dodge" directly after a game, a JV coach actually came into the our locker room to confront us! He was unceremoniously asked to leave by my partner.....and yes, as the other posts have suggested, he was reported through our Assignor to the AD and did get in some hot water. The nerve!
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 10:30am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Good God. And to think I was annoyed at my partner for taking 15 seconds to get off the court Tuesday. I was on the baseline by the door and was through it as the horn was done sounding. Then I had to wait FIFTEEN full seconds for him to get out. Shocking!
15 seconds? Did you keep a visual count?
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 10:35am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
15 seconds? Did you keep a visual count?
Yes, every second instead of counting I said "#$%hole 1, #$%hole 2..."
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN

I hope you were the lead!!