Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
You're my boy, Blue!!

Dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind. . .

Can't say I ever pictured you as an Old School fan, Scrappy.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 08:04am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
Can't say I ever pictured you as an Old School fan, Scrappy.
How could anybody NOT be an Old School fan. Whaddya say -- just for fun -- we go. . . streakin!!! C'mon, everybody. We're going streakin'!!!

Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I take exception to your remark about OSU representing the Big 10. At least the Buckeyes made it to the Big Game.

MTD, Sr.
And they did win the state of Ohio championship.

osu 38 - Youngstown State 6

osu 20 - Akron 2

osu 48 - Kent 3

Outstanding. Maybe they can get Oberlin, Hiram and Findlay on next years schedule.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 12:16pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJB Ump
And they did win the state of Ohio championship.

osu 38 - Youngstown State 6

osu 20 - Akron 2

osu 48 - Kent 3

Outstanding. Maybe they can get Oberlin, Hiram and Findlay on next years schedule.

MCJB:

With all due respect please stay out of the Hatfield-McCoy fued between Rut and I. Rut is a graduate of "that school up north."

I am a native of Youngstown, Ohio, which makes a me a life long fan of both Youngstown State (Class of 1980 in Civil Engineering) and Ohio State. In the 15 years that Jim Tressel was at YSU he took the Penguins to the Div. I-AA title game 6 times and winning the championship 4 times. Tressel has taken OSU to the Div. I-A title game 3 times and has only lost to "that team up north" only once during his tenure at OSU. My comment to Rut refers to that fact and the fact that at least OSU was in the Div. I-A title game and "that school up north" was not.

If you aren't a part of the feud don't get in the middle of it because you could become colateral damage.

And there is a good reason that OSU played YSU. Years ago, after OSU had finally started playing in-state Div. I-A schools in football, John Cooper (the then so-called football coach at OSU) was asked at a press conference in Columbus when he was going to play YSU? His response was the next time they win the Div. I-AA National Championship. YSU won the title that year. Cooper never called and when YSU tried to contact Cooper, he kept ducking the phone calls. YSU fans have tradionally been OSU fans.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sun Jan 13, 2008 at 12:21pm.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 01:01pm
Official & Member

Update on the original post

In case anyone's interested, the player involved in the "pushing" incident described on the newspaper web thread (see original post) received a six week suspension from the Florida High School Athletic Assn. Contrary the the fanboy comments on the thread, the offending player gave the official a shove after the final buzzer in retaliation for a deserved T earlier in the game. Visiting parents jumped onto the floor as it occured, but home game management did a good job keeping order.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 01:55pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra
Contrary the the fanboy comments on the thread, the offending player gave the official a shove after the final buzzer in retaliation for a deserved T earlier in the game. Visiting parents jumped onto the floor as it occured, but home game management did a good job keeping order.
Gee. Surprise, surprise......
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 02:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
MCJB:

With all due respect please stay out of the Hatfield-McCoy fued between Rut and I. Rut is a graduate of "that school up north."
Let me correct this statement. I did not graduate from "The University of Michigan." I was born in Ann Arbor while my Mom was working on her PhD. The first football games I remember going to were in the Big House. I moved to Illinois before my 4th birthday but always maintained my love for Michigan and the best University in the Midwest. I also have a brother and sister (both born in Ann Arbor as well and my Father’s Children from a previous marriage) that also went to Michigan. My sister got her Nursing degree from Michigan and my brother got a Master's at Michigan (after he got himself right with his BS at MSU). I have been considering for years attending Michigan for a graduate degree, but life happens and going away to Michigan would be unlikely at this point.

I graduated from the same school my Mom taught at for 30 years after leaving Michigan for her first and only job after she received her PhD. You will not like me again, because I attended Western Illinois. I cannot stand the Penguins either.

Peace
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am a native of Youngstown, Ohio, which makes a me a life long fan of both Youngstown State (Class of 1980 in Civil Engineering) and ohio state.
Trust me, being a Youngstown native doesn't mean you have to be an osu lemming. That's just a poor choice you made.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
Good idea. Turn the kids toward music. Less violence there.
What are you talking about? I can't even turn on the radio these days without being inundated with sax and violins.
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 04:16pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
I am a native of Youngstown, Ohio, which makes a me a life long fan of both Youngstown State (Class of 1980 in Civil Engineering) and Ohio State.
I can't believe I graduated college eleven years before you. And - I was only 20 at the time. Why, you're just a kid!
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 05:07pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
What are you talking about? I can't even turn on the radio these days without being inundated with sax and violins.
They hit each other with saxes and violins? Reminiscent of Quick Draw McGraw, sometimes known as El Kabong! (another old guy reference)

Lonesome Dove
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 05:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The High-Falutin'est .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
Reminiscent of Quick Draw McGraw, sometimes known as El Kabong!
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMicYkY...ges/kabong.jpg
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 06:31pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
I can't believe I graduated college eleven years before you. And - I was only 20 at the time. Why, you're just a kid!

Mark:

I graduated from H.S. (Liberty H.S., Class of 1969; Liberty Twp. is a suburb of Youngstown, Ohio) and worked my way through college. I was 17-1/2 when I graduated from college and 28-1/2 when I graduated from YSU. I became a H.S. basketball official just after I turned 19.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 06:38pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Let me correct this statement. I did not graduate from "The University of Michigan." I was born in Ann Arbor while my Mom was working on her PhD. The first football games I remember going to were in the Big House. I moved to Illinois before my 4th birthday but always maintained my love for Michigan and the best University in the Midwest. I also have a brother and sister (both born in Ann Arbor as well and my Father’s Children from a previous marriage) that also went to Michigan. My sister got her Nursing degree from Michigan and my brother got a Master's at Michigan (after he got himself right with his BS at MSU). I have been considering for years attending Michigan for a graduate degree, but life happens and going away to Michigan would be unlikely at this point.

I graduated from the same school my Mom taught at for 30 years after leaving Michigan for her first and only job after she received her PhD. You will not like me again, because I attended Western Illinois. I cannot stand the Penguins either.

Peace

Rut:

Western Illinois: AAAAGGGGHHHH!! At least we both went to schools in one of the best Div. I-AA football conferences in the county.

MCJB doesn't understand the relationship between Buckeye and Wolverine fans. We really need each other, just like Penguins and Leatherneck fans need each other.

And even though OSU has The Best Damn Band in the Land, I always had a thing for the Purdue Golden Girl.

Have a good one.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sun Jan 13, 2008 at 06:42pm.