The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 18, 2007, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
90% of coaches give the others a bad name.
An anti-coaches bias, why would I have that. They are some of the most professional, respectful people I have ever met.

Here is just a small list of what these professional and respectful people have said to me. Mind you the vast majority of my games have been HS frosh/JV games.

A cheater, a racist, fa#got, an idiot, a f@@en idiot, stupid, need I go on.

I have been locked out of my locker room, by a Varsity coach,so I would need to deal with the ejected Frosh coach again.

I have had a coach insinuate he was going to wait for me in the parking lot. Apparently his 5 foot 7 inch tall head thought better of it.

I had a coach lie about our conversation to my assignor. My assignor went with my version of the story.

Need I go on.

Are there coaches who serve their profession well ? Of course there are. I just don't get to appreciate them cause I spend so much time babysitting the others.
Old Wed Dec 19, 2007, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

"Tonight I do my first varsity game of the season(two actually, girls and boys), only my 3rd and 4th ever. Perhaps the "heat" will crank up a notch or three and all the love so far will disappear."

Pretty benign night actually. They weren't close games and coaches were calm for the most part. Maybe because it's so close to Christmas they don't want Santa to note any bad behavior.
Old Fri Dec 21, 2007, 07:48pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo21
Eight games, all sub-varsity and all of the coaches have been pretty good. One even said at the start of the JV game "this is all about the kids, I won't be talking to you guys at all". And he stayed true to his word!
And then you woke up?