The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
"Coach, he said that word that starts with F and ends with *** (you say the letters) and it wasn't FIRETRUCK."
Since when is "fork" cursing?
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude
LOL...yea...I stole that line from you a few years back.

I actually used that once in a Varsity game when my partner had T'd up a player for saying the F word.

The coach asked me what he said, I was feeling frisky that night so I told the Coach just what you stated...except I just said, "The word started with an F and ends with a K...and it isn't FIRETRUCK."

The Coach didn't think it was too funny...but, he didn't argue the call.
If I give a T to a kid for profanity or any comment, I tell the coach EXACTLY what the kid said. Last season in a playoff game I heard, loudly the comment, "I'm going to kick your *** after the game." from a student section. Next dead ball I went to the AD and told him exactly what I heard from the section. After the game, the AD contacted the head of officials for the state and was complaining about things (as I understand it his son was the HC and left the gym after 2 T's from 1 of my partners). He took exception to my use of profanity. The head of the state simply said that I didn't use profanity, I just told him exactly what I heard. I see no reason to mince words is such situations. Tell it like it is.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 12:43pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblref
Since when is "fork" cursing?
You're saying the wrong letters.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Had a game last year - partner calls a foul. As I am getting things organized in lane I see and hear the player staring at my partner - call him a sh_ _ head in German. I smiled at her and whack - she had just earned her 5th foul. She looked surprised until I asked her if she spoke German in German. Coach asked what the T was for and I told him it was because I knew a little German. Must not have been the first time she used the language cause he just nodded put in a sub and sat down.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 01:34pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui
Had a game last year - partner calls a foul. As I am getting things organized in lane I see and hear the player staring at my partner - call him a sh_ _ head in German.

Ya' know, I can swear in Hebrew, Yiddish and Pig Latin. Never thought to do it during a game, though. However, I did do it a few times in HS P.E.

BTW - my wife swears in Swedish all the time. Go figure.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui
Had a game last year - partner calls a foul. As I am getting things organized in lane I see and hear the player staring at my partner - call him a sh_ _ head in German. I smiled at her and whack - she had just earned her 5th foul. She looked surprised until I asked her if she spoke German in German. Coach asked what the T was for and I told him it was because I knew a little German. Must not have been the first time she used the language cause he just nodded put in a sub and sat down.
Had a similar situation in a HS soccer game a few years back. I asked the player auf Deutsch if he thought that his language deserved a yellow or a red card. He apologized, asked for a caution, we shared a smile and moved on. I never had an issue with that player again for the rest of his HS career.