The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 05:37pm
M.A.S.H.

Mark,

I didn't figure you did any pre-game stretching due to the fishnets. Any truth to this?
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 05:55pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Mark,

I didn't figure you did any pre-game stretching due to the fishnets. Any truth to this?
Are you kidding? They're nylon, dude.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 06:00pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Are you kidding? They're nylon, dude.
I would have guess polyester. But I maybe that died out with three-inch belt loops and green leisure suits.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
I would have guess polyester. But I maybe that died out with three-inch belt loops and green leisure suits.
Yea, too bad. I loved those really classy looking watch fobs.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 07:23pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Yea, too bad. I loved those really classy looking watch fobs.
Don't forget the watch fobs with a zoot suit. It's got a reet pleat, Daddy-o.

Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 08:33pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
I really don't have a problem with a squat or 3 on the floor so long as you don't rip out your pants and you can get up on your own.

I know that sometimes I tighten up a bit when standing for 15 minutes but I don't make a big to-do about stretching. My biggest deal is that my knees stiffen when standing there.
Shouldn't that kind of stuff occur elsewhere? BEFORE you go out on the floor????
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra
Interesting perspective. What's your impression of an official that's carrying around an extra 40lbs. of a gut?
WOW, you're getting kinda personal don't ya think?

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
I work with guys who do this all the time and I don't think it is a big deal.
Come on, tomegun. That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

One of the reasons I do not post much anymore is the variety of inane, insipid and downright stupid responses people feel compleled to give when someone asks a legitimate question. Some may think they are funny, but I do not.
As far as stretching goes, for me stretching in the locker room before a game is mandatory. However, after standing on the sidelines fo 15 minutes I do tend to stiffen up a bit. My partner(s) and I have a system where if one or two of us NEED to stretch out just prior to game time, we leave the confines of the court and if possible find a vacant hallway or room to stretch out again. We take 3-5 minutes so that all of us have the opportunity to do this if we want. While we are doing this there is at least one official on the floor watching players and taking care of business. Is this the optimum situation?? No, but it does work for us. As an official, I am at my best when I am warm and stretched out and ready to run.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeref
One of the reasons I do not post much anymore is the variety of inane, insipid and downright stupid responses people feel compleled to give when someone asks a legitimate question. Some may think they are funny, but I do not.
As far as stretching goes, for me stretching in the locker room before a game is mandatory. However, after standing on the sidelines fo 15 minutes I do tend to stiffen up a bit. My partner(s) and I have a system where if one or two of us NEED to stretch out just prior to game time, we leave the confines of the court and if possible find a vacant hallway or room to stretch out again. We take 3-5 minutes so that all of us have the opportunity to do this if we want. While we are doing this there is at least one official on the floor watching players and taking care of business. Is this the optimum situation?? No, but it does work for us. As an official, I am at my best when I am warm and stretched out and ready to run.

I don't mean to make another "inane, insipid and downright stupid response" here but you are only averaging 9 posts per year. How much more could you cut back?
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

In double headers I usually stretch a bit in the locker room at halftime. Stretching cold muscles isn't good for you. For me, the most important thing to do is stretch AFTER the game, before getting in the car. If I don't do that I'm sore for days.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 01:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Mike, the only see people getting upset over someone doing a Taebo workout on the floor, not a simple stretch in place that hardly anyone sees.

Peace
Old Sat Nov 03, 2007, 04:32pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Not having a sense of humor is a handicap I would just as soon not have. We all have a lot of stress in our lives and coming onto this board and getting a chuckle or two is a great stress-reliever. People DO get their questions answered and this board has been a great help to me. I provide inane responses from time to time. A lot of us do. But please don't assume that any lack in seriousness in some responses translates into a lack of seriousness we take onto the floor. In that respect, we are really no diffeent than you.