View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 01:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeref
One of the reasons I do not post much anymore is the variety of inane, insipid and downright stupid responses people feel compleled to give when someone asks a legitimate question. Some may think they are funny, but I do not.
As far as stretching goes, for me stretching in the locker room before a game is mandatory. However, after standing on the sidelines fo 15 minutes I do tend to stiffen up a bit. My partner(s) and I have a system where if one or two of us NEED to stretch out just prior to game time, we leave the confines of the court and if possible find a vacant hallway or room to stretch out again. We take 3-5 minutes so that all of us have the opportunity to do this if we want. While we are doing this there is at least one official on the floor watching players and taking care of business. Is this the optimum situation?? No, but it does work for us. As an official, I am at my best when I am warm and stretched out and ready to run.
Mike, the only see people getting upset over someone doing a Taebo workout on the floor, not a simple stretch in place that hardly anyone sees.

Peace