The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

We have to wear the official black OH jackets with the dark green ohsaa logo(from a 100 feet you never see the logo) on them.

Why do we where them? Let's see, oh yeah, the $100 fine from the state for not wearing the proper uni is a pretty good reason here.
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

I just moved to Illinois and found they (IHSA) don't have standard jackets. I've seen refs walk on the HS floor, one with a pull over nike wind breaker, the other with CCA. I agree it looks pretty tacky. We aren't there to draw attention to ourselves and wearing CCA to a HS game is just a form of bragging. If a coach sees it and says "you suck at this level too", will you tee him?

Now I have my choice! What's the best? I thought Sahara was OK until a couple of you guys thrashed my bubble. Anyone got a URL to a good on-line site? I'll have to get one and have the IHSA logo embroidered...
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
I just moved to Illinois and found they (IHSA) don't have standard jackets. I've seen refs walk on the HS floor, one with a pull over nike wind breaker, the other with CCA. I agree it looks pretty tacky. We aren't there to draw attention to ourselves and wearing CCA to a HS game is just a form of bragging. If a coach sees it and says "you suck at this level too", will you tee him?

Now I have my choice! What's the best? I thought Sahara was OK until a couple of you guys thrashed my bubble. Anyone got a URL to a good on-line site? I'll have to get one and have the IHSA logo embroidered...
IF you want the IHSA logo, you have to go through Honig's (unless you can come up with someone to put it on for you).

I don't think you can get this from the Honig's web site. Call them at 1-800-468-3284
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

Its not a bragging issue. A lot of officials in this area work college and HS. 5 years ago when they changed from blue to black, a lot of officials just used the CCA jackets. Now, about three years ago, the assn. here did opt. for HS jackets and thats when I bought my HS jacket.
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

I hear you Bart... I meant bragging for everyone except you Did you wear the HS blue jacket onto the local college floor? BTW, Konig's is where the "not for HS" note comes from. I looked. They also only have the Sahara. Maybe I ought to just head for the Nike outlet!
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
Us Canadians have the best system. One jacket. It has our CABO(Canadian Association of Basketball Officials) logo on it. We wear this is the suggested jacket for all highschool games in Ontario. now they are starting to come out with an Ontario Association jacket, but it's ugly. Everyone across the country is required to wear the CABO jacket. What a system..one jacket

Tyler
Old Wed Jan 30, 2002, 04:07am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Wear whatever is called for in your Association. Initial impression is everything believe me!!!!
Pistol
Old Wed Jan 30, 2002, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
Us Canadians have the best system. One jacket. It has our CABO(Canadian Association of Basketball Officials) logo on it. We wear this is the suggested jacket for all highschool games in Ontario. now they are starting to come out with an Ontario Association jacket, but it's ugly. Everyone across the country is required to wear the CABO jacket. What a system..one jacket

Tyler
You Canadians have it right. One country one jacket. One country one system of voting in national elections. No hanging chads and all that nonsense.