The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 29, 2007, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I saw a report the other day on the local news about reusing water bottles and how there are germs still left on the bottles even if attempting to clean them on a regular basis. Now I am not saying that this is identical, but you might not be cleaning your whistle as well as you think you are. Then again, that is why I am not holding on to a whistle for 2 years. I might use two or three over a season. They do not cost that much money.

Peace
Germs are everywhere but why belittle those that choose to thoroughly clean and reuse a whistle? You might as well throw away your dishes and utensils every 2 years, and everything else... they do not cost that much money.
Old Tue May 29, 2007, 09:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1784
Germs are everywhere but why belittle those that choose to thoroughly clean and reuse a whistle? You might as well throw away your dishes and utensils every 2 years, and everything else... they do not cost that much money.
My plates are not plastic.

Peace
Old Tue May 29, 2007, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I saw a report the other day on the local news about reusing water bottles and how there are germs still left on the bottles even if attempting to clean them on a regular basis. Now I am not saying that this is identical, but you might not be cleaning your whistle as well as you think you are. Then again, that is why I am not holding on to a whistle for 2 years. I might use two or three over a season. They do not cost that much money.

Peace
I wash my whistle in hot water with dish detergent and then put it in a dish of listermint. Yeah, I know I'm over the top...what can I say. And yeah, whistles are cheap, but if it's still working why would I stop using it?

Now I have worked with guys who rarely/never wash their whistles...that's just nasty.
Old Tue May 29, 2007, 11:02pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog89
I wash my whistle in hot water with dish detergent and then put it in a dish of listermint. Yeah, I know I'm over the top...what can I say. And yeah, whistles are cheap, but if it's still working why would I stop using it?

Now I have worked with guys who rarely/never wash their whistles...that's just nasty.
I rinse my whistles a lot too. I also put anti-bacterial soap on them and I have dipped them in Listerine. Just after a while they become chipped, they do not sound like they once did and build-up becomes harder to clean. But to keep them for two years without using another whistle. As Cleveland say, "That's just nasty."

Peace
Old Thu May 31, 2007, 03:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
My plates are not plastic.

Peace
Good! Your doctor was wise to have used metal plates to repair those holes.