The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 06:28am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
It is officiated by a bunch of fat, old guys who can't run anyway. That is why they need six or seven of them out there.
Great comment. That really points out what kind of person you are. Demean a complete group of fellow officials in another sport just to try and strengthen your point.

Jeff disagreed with the way that soccer is being officiated; it's officiating philosophy iow. He didn't make any comment at all on the general competency of soccer officials, and he sureasheck didn't insult them personally as a group by using ridiculous generalities.

Sad, Nevada, just sad!

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 06:47am.
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 07:51am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Jeff disagreed with the way that soccer is being officiated; it's officiating philosophy iow. He didn't make any comment at all on the general competency of soccer officials, and he sureasheck didn't insult them personally as a group by using ridiculous generalities.

Sad, Nevada, just sad!
I could be wrong, but I read that comment as a joke to go along with the "go back to the football board" crack.
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Hahahaha.......

Maybe one day they'll get a major league baseball franchise in Texas and you'll have your own team to cheer for.

How 'bout them Spurs/Mavericks?
Don't know anything bout the whiny Spurs, or the Dallas Cubans...

I do know that the Rockets lead their series against Utah 2-0. Had free tix to the game last night!

And we have baseball team in Texas. Perhaps you remember them, they were swept in the WS year before last.
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 05:37pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Thank you, sir! So the current FAA age limit for pilots is 60, which just so happens to be what I recommended for HS basketball officials.
This is just a small difference between the job of a commercial passenger pilot and that of a high-school basketball referee!
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 05:39pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie
I do know that the Rockets lead their series against Utah 2-0. Had free tix to the game last night!
Yeah ... how was the weather up there anyway? I wish I had brought my binoculars so that we could have seen you from our seats.

Best part of the night -- you texting me that Matt was questioning calls up there with you ... in the LAST ROW of the arena! Priceless!!!
Closed Thread