The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

In case you haven't hear...Joey Crawford

is done for the rest of regular season and playoffs, according to Dan Patrick Show.Said Crawford made the Tim Duncan thing personal. David Stern is coming up on the show.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

joey

I just drove home going a 100 so I can read what people were going to say about this...he DESERVED IT!!!
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:27pm
Esteemed Participant

Sigh...once again I will try to explain this slowly for our little jinxed buddy. None of us defended any call made by J. Crawford...we simply dumped on you little fanboys coming onto an officials website and b*tching about an official - not his calls, but b*tching about him personally...as I said before (if you bothered to actually read it) all officials make mistakes. Obviously Crawford made some and is going to pay - I never defended that...but I will tell you and other fanboys that you are wrong when you question that officials integrity or make blanket statements such as "he's horrible" or (like others did) make comments that Crawford was only calling things to make some team owner happy...discuss the calls all you want, but leave the personal attacks out of it...
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Ya know, as much as we hate the fanboys that come running in here everytime their team gets screwed, I think that in this situation we have to admit that our boy Joey really jacked something up. I mean, for the league to suspend him for the entire playoffs, after admitting he's one of the top rated officials in the league, he apparently really jacked something up. I'm guessing that the assertion by Duncan that Joey challenged him to a fight was probably supported by some recording that picked it up, probably from some courtside mic or something, and that's why they felt such a long suspension was warranted.

So, let the fanboys have their fun on this one.
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Sigh...once again I will try to explain this slowly for our little jinxed buddy. None of us defended any call made by J. Crawford...we simply dumped on you little fanboys coming onto an officials website and b*tching about an official - not his calls, but b*tching about him personally...as I said before (if you bothered to actually read it) all officials make mistakes. Obviously Crawford made some and is going to pay - I never defended that...but I will tell you and other fanboys that you are wrong when you question that officials integrity or make blanket statements such as "he's horrible" or (like others did) make comments that Crawford was only calling things to make some team owner happy...discuss the calls all you want, but leave the personal attacks out of it...
True....but a waste of time, DJ. Fanboys never get it. That's why they're fanboys.

Just another reason to not watch the NBA anymore anyway imo.
Official Forum Member

Isn't this kind of like a professional wrestling official getting dumped because he didn't see someone get hit with a chair? I think it might just be a ploy to get people to stop talking about teams dumping games to have a shot at Durant and Oden. It's the NBA. They do whatever puts fans in the seats.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:50pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
You guys, as usual, just took a line and ran with with it like a smelly mackerel. Your personal attacks don't bother me one bit. In fact, I quite expected it from the lot. Wild dogs and morons always run in packs.
Yup, a simple, "I was joking" would have done wonders on this one. Of course, you could always just dig your heels in and prove the natives right. You made the call.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You guys, as usual, just took a line and ran with with it like a smelly mackerel. Your personal attacks don't bother me one bit. In fact, I quite expected it from the lot. Wild dogs and morons always run in packs.
same can be said of fanboys....
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
They are so cute when they beg for attention.

Stupid monkeys.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:04pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Ya know, as much as we hate the fanboys that come running in here everytime their team gets screwed, I think that in this situation we have to admit that our boy Joey really jacked something up. I mean, for the league to suspend him for the entire playoffs, after admitting he's one of the top rated officials in the league, he apparently really jacked something up. I'm guessing that the assertion by Duncan that Joey challenged him to a fight was probably supported by some recording that picked it up, probably from some courtside mic or something, and that's why they felt such a long suspension was warranted.

So, let the fanboys have their fun on this one.
I agree...he screwed up and is facing the consequences of that. Does that make him a "horrible official"?? Did he screw up just to "make Cuban happy"??? Is he a terrible person?? Nope to all of those...so let's discuss his mistake and how we can all learn from it, but attacking him as a person? Nope...
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
I agree...he screwed up and is facing the consequences of that. Does that make him a "horrible official"?? Did he screw up just to "make Cuban happy"??? Is he a terrible person?? Nope to all of those...so let's discuss his mistake and how we can all learn from it, but attacking him as a person? Nope...
Even Stern admitted that both "he has a history" and "he's consistently one of the top rated officials."
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

what I am

No I'm not a fanboy & I'm not up everyone's *** who wears stripes either. I am however one of the best young officials I know(just ask me I'll tell you) don't believe me e-mail me & i'll send you my schedule for this year. Come out & watch someone who wants to get it right, not get in the way & LOVES OFFICIATING GAMES!!!
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Career over?

Just saw on ESPN's Outside the Lines. Stern intimated that Crawford may have officiated his last game of his career. That's just ashame.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Hell, they come on here hollering and whining like it was us who made the mistake and they fail to realize none of us on here are NBA officials. Heck, less than 5% of us actually could give a care about NBA. Joey made a mistake we all agree. He is human, humans make mistakes. Gosh noone comes on here hollering at the coaches when you are the cause for your team losing and probably because this is a basketball OFFICIALS forum, not a coaches nor a fans!
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
I'M NOT A FANBOY! I'M AN OFFICIAL TOO ! Joey was wrong this time. We all make mistakes. Duncan whines, but so does Nowitski, Bryant, James, etc. I'm tired of always being called a fanboy if I question an official on this forum. I don't mind when I get questioned by my fellow officials after a game. I try to learn from it.
Closed Thread