The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnBark
Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
Then do it. Someone doesn't just find you. You have to get in front of someone and be liked by them.

You and alot of people have no idea how the pro game works and how the heads of the officials work. The crap about the head office not letting the refs "make the call" is bullcrap. I will guarantee you that there are more travels called in HS that are not travels than travels that are missed in the NBA. I will guarantee you that! How many travel calls do we or our crew miss a night. I would bet its a lot more than the NBA guys. The insuation(sp?) that they let all this stuff go is ridiculous and is still being harped on, because they used to be very lax about it 5-10 yrs. ago and no one has attempted to watch or pay attention to the game again. People come on here and say they miss all these plays, but no wait, you don't watch the NBA anymore, so how do you know what they miss. Watch 2+ games a week in the NBA instead of 5 min. and tell me if you don't change your mind. Yes they miss travels and so called "minor" violations, but we all do, its just that we get to see it on replay 12 times, criticizing them and how they missed it, and they don't. Well they do but its after the fact.

I love how the pro game is officiated. Call me a fanboy, if you will. They don't have a "let 'em play" mentality. They believe that the refs set the tempo and set a standard of how the rest of the game is going to be officiated. If there is a bump or bodycheck going to the hole, they don't wait to see if the ball is going in, they blow the whistle. If a coach steps over the line, they don't console him and put there arm around him to calm him down. They whack him, cause its the only thing they can and will respect, and they move on.

These guys are the best in the business. They get there plays right and they manage the game better than anyone, while still being the most professional you can possibly be (with the exception of Joey Crawford going off his rocker the other night).
I would if I were younger. I entered into officiating later in life, because I'm married and have kids. And they come first. So, if I had started younger, no question I would have gone to the camps and been SEEN as you say. So chill! And for another thing, I DO WATCH NBA games. I ever said I didn't!

Last edited by JohnBark; Fri Apr 20, 2007 at 08:46am.
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I sure hope you're kidding. I don't see either Pole belonging to any nation.
Not that North Pole, but North Pole, Alaska is just outside Fairbanks...
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
#1 they do let traveling go, it's that simple, all you got to do is watch the DWade game. It happens.
AMEN, Yes they do!!!

Last edited by JohnBark; Fri Apr 20, 2007 at 08:45am.