Old Fri Apr 06, 2007, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
are you done spamming us you spamster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
there is no sales service to speak of.
With a ringing endorsement like that, it's no wonder you thought I was spamming.
Old Sat Apr 07, 2007, 01:55am
Official Forum Member

Gee, it is difficult to take a decent picture of black shoes - had to jack with the settings using Gimp [plug-plug!]... these are my new Starbury's!! Apparently these are "Starbury 1s" because the "Starbury 2s" had already sold out. Who cares - this pair is a nice solid black and should be fine on the court for an official and they were remarkably comfortable in the store.

I'll get to try them out on the court during wreck league this weekend. The shoes are plenty wide, so if they are D width [box/shoe does not specify] then they are wide-Ds because most Ds I try on are too narrow.

The price of the New Balance shoes I have been wearing has limited my willingness to have more than one pair which is new enough for best support and I never have found a shoe from N.B. that felt as good [in the store] as these Starbury shoes did, and at $15 bucks I can afford to get a couple of more pairs and rotate 'em!

We'll see how my feet like them after 3 games in a row. I prefer non-synthetic material in shoes but that is getting way too expensive and/or hard to find anyway.
Old Mon Apr 09, 2007, 03:05am
Official Forum Member

Mixed review on my new Starbury's; maybe my feet do not like high-tops - despite having the shoes tied on firmly from the get-go, they began rubbing my upper ankle raw somewhere in the 2nd game and by the 3rd game I gave up hope of finding a method to tie them which would be comfortable [without delaying the game].

What I don't like about the shoes is that the laces are designed to be laced "to the top". Because of how they rubbed my ankle [whatever that lateral bump is called] I would want to ignore the last 2-3 eyelits when lacing them up - only problem is there is only one pair of eyelets - at the top, and the rest of the lacing passes through lace-like loops, and I wonder if they will take the stress of an abbreviated lacing.

Hopefully Wallace's shoes will be low-tops. I'll try these again next weekend with a different lacing scheme, but will have my New Balance's on hand - I have never had any foot discomfort with those shoes, but they are a low-cut shoe and that may be the key for me.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2007, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

As a final note, the problem with these shoes is the inner lining - it is a coarse synthetic material and has a sandpaper-like effect as I run, rubbing over the ankle area. Perhaps the Starbury II's have addressed this, or maybe the Big Ben shoes will have a smoother inner lining. In the meantime, I'll have to try double socks or something - that, or develop large calloused areas around my ankes.