The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Did someone say something?
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:12pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Lock the old thread, baby, it's OPENING DAY!!!

Quote:
First of all, I didn't realize that anybody would actually lock the old thread, but that's fine.

Second of all, I think that last year's thread holds the record for most replies on the forum. This year's thread is well on its way to breaking that record. Right now, this thread has 34 pages (if you have it set to 15 posts/page). Last year, it took us until August to reach 34 pages; and that included a whole bunch of World Cup posts (which included, of course, Tony's soccer hotties).

I'm just so proud of you guys.
Hmmm.
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Did someone say something?
If it'll make you feel better, Slappy, print this out, frame it and post it over your desk.

Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 12:31pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
If it'll make you feel better, Slappy, print this out, frame it and post it over your desk.

I resemble that remark.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Ok, I'm officially jealous.

Oh, wait, you're talking about the thing with a skull inside?...Never mind.

Anyway, back to our originally scheduled program. Sam Perlozzo of the O's is the first manager casualty this season; not entirely unexpected. Who is the pick for the next one to go?

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 08:19pm
Official Forum Member

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR
C Schilling 4.1 10 6 6 2 0 1

Ugh. One-hitter last week. Clobbered this week. I know he's like 62 years old, but I can't figure him out. Sox still have a couple innings to catch up (he said with false hopes).

Mick's crew, on the other hand, is looking good tonight, up 9-5 in D.C.
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 08:29pm
In Memoriam

Tidbit:
Mike Maroth takes his own bats with him to National League fields.
Bonderman, and I am guessing other pitchers, have to beg a position player for a bat to swing.
Maroth is batting .250. Tonight he doubled in three AB.
Old Mon Jun 18, 2007, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR
C Schilling 4.1 10 6 6 2 0 1

Ugh. One-hitter last week. Clobbered this week. I know he's like 62 years old, but I can't figure him out. Sox still have a couple innings to catch up (he said with false hopes).

Mick's crew, on the other hand, is looking good tonight, up 9-5 in D.C.
Yabut at least he's not batting .500 on the season!
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

An absolutely terrific outting by Josh Beckett last night in Atlanta (where I'll be on Aug 17!!). Six scoreless innings, really good velocity and seemed to have great location. He's having a great first half, obviously, with 10 wins already. He also contributed an RBI double, which was a rope that Andruw Jones couldn't get to. Jones is really struggling lately, too, going 0-for-his-last-18.

Big Papi hit a homer last night, Veritek had a big hit (maybe coming out of a slump), Manny had a big hit and a big catch in left, and Coco Crisp had an amazing catch in center. The bullpen pitched in when Beckett had to leave after a rain delay. Just a real team effort. Fun to watch.

Aaaaaaand. . . The Yankees drop one in Colorado. Mussina pitched ok, 3 runs in 6 innings, but the offense couldn't get going. Colorado's Willy Taveras hit his 21st bunt single of the season. That leads the majors. Every position player for the Rockies had a hit, except for the shortstop. Jorge Posada played at first base for the first time in 6 years. His thoughts on the subject: "I didn't get a ground ball, thank God."

Orioles are saying that they're interested in Joe Girardi as manager. I heard that it was likely that Girardi would turn down any job this year (since he's still being paid by the Marlins) and see if Torre steps down after the season.
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 08:41am
In Memoriam

And in other news.....

The MRI done on Schilling shows that his shoulder is fine. The diagnosis is that basically he just sucks.
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And in other news.....

The MRI done on Schilling shows that his shoulder is fine. The diagnosis is that basically he just sucks.
Have they done an MRI on his mouth?

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 08:44am
In Memoriam

Quote:

Orioles are saying that they're interested in Joe Girardi as manager. I heard that it was likely that Girardi would turn down any job this year (since he's still being paid by the Marlins) and see if Torre steps down after the season.
The Yankees are grooming Mattingly.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 08:46am.
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

And Sammy faces his former team for the first time ever in his career last night, and proceeds to strike out three times and fly out to shallow left.

He had several good years with the Cubs, but I really hope he doesn't hit the milestone #600 against them. Maybe he can wait long enough to hit it at Boston next weekend?

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 09:14am
In Memoriam

Sean Casey, Tiger F3, known as "The Mayor" because he keeps everyone happy, hit his first home run of the year last night. When he got back to the dugout he had to face an "obligatory" lack of acknowledgement from his teammates who acted like he had never even left the dugout and gone up to bat.
Old Wed Jun 20, 2007, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Sean Casey, Tiger F3, known as "The Mayor" because he keeps everyone happy, hit his first home run of the year last night. When he got back to the dugout he had to face an "obligatory" lack of acknowledgement from his teammates who acted like he had never even left the dugout and gone up to bat.
I've seen that done before, and it's funny to watch the expression of the hitter. How did Casey react?

(Used with permission.)