The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 09:39pm
In Memoriam

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Andy Pettitte declined his $16 million option with the New York Yankees, still uncertain whether he wants to pitch next season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7413470?MSNHPHMA
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 10:16pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
My FF QB is Drew Brees, and I'm glad he's back.
My all-time favorite QB is Jim McMahon, followed by Rudy Bukich and Sid Luckman.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 10:28pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
My all-time favorite QB is Jim McMahon, followed by Rudy Bukich and Sid Luckman.
Johnny
Bobby
Tobin
Y.A.
Fran
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 02:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Andy Pettitte declined his $16 million option with the New York Yankees, still uncertain whether he wants to pitch next season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7413470?MSNHPHMA
Wow the Yankees are willing to spend 16 million on this guy! That is why the salaries in baseball are so inflated. His ERA was over four last season.
Old Wed Nov 07, 2007, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Sox re-sign Schilling for $8 million, plus incentives. Sounds like it's only a 1-year deal. Still working with Lowell. I hope Theo gets that done.
Old Wed Nov 07, 2007, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

The Braves are looking to bring Glavine back to Atlanta.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Wed Nov 07, 2007 at 06:32pm.
Old Wed Nov 07, 2007, 06:18pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
The Braves are looking at bring Glavine back to Atlanta.
Kinda like Maddux going back to Chicago?
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees and Jorge Posada agreed Monday night to a $52.4 million, four-year contract that keeps the catcher off the free-agent market.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Hey, mick - it looks like the Tigers and Cubs are trading more players again: Jacque Jones for Omar Infante. I wouldn't think the Cubs needed another infielder, but it looks as though he's a good utility player. Jacque will be a good backup, left-handed bat in the Tiger's outfield as well.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 10:03am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Hey, mick - it looks like the Tigers and Cubs are trading more players again: Jacque Jones for Omar Infante. I wouldn't think the Cubs needed another infielder, but it looks as though he's a good utility player. Jacque will be a good backup, left-handed bat in the Tiger's outfield as well.
Infante can bat around .300, and can play in or out. Should be good in a league where they play real baseball and the managers actually have to think about pinch hitting and batting orders.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Infante can bat around .300, and can play in or out. Should be good in a league where they play real baseball and the managers actually have to think about pinch hitting and batting orders.
AL managers have to think about pinch hitting and batter orders too. Unfortunately, NL managers and the fans have to sit and watch the pitcher (more often than not) strike out 2 or 3 times a game.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Just heard on ESPN radio that Sabathia won the AL Cy Young. I'm pretty sure that Beckett had more wins (maybe only one more), but I guess Sabathia threw significantly more innings, and obviously, the voting takes place before the playoffs start.

I would've loved to see it go to Beckett, since he was clearly the best pitcher on the best team, but I can understand the choice of Sabathia.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Just heard on ESPN radio that Sabathia won the AL Cy Young. I'm pretty sure that Beckett had more wins (maybe only one more), but I guess Sabathia threw significantly more innings, and obviously, the voting takes place before the playoffs start.

I would've loved to see it go to Beckett, since he was clearly the best pitcher on the best team, but I can understand the choice of Sabathia.
I voted for Wang.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 03:09pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLydic
AL managers have to think about pinch hitting and batter orders too. Unfortunately, NL managers and the fans have to sit and watch the pitcher (more often than not) strike out 2 or 3 times a game.
...But is there an at bat more exciting than a pitcher jacking one?
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
...But is there an at bat more exciting than a pitcher jacking one?
Never. It's very exciting to see a pitcher get even a solid hit, but what are the odds? I'll take my chances on an slugger who can't play the field every day, but can jack one just like everyone else.