The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

P.O.I. question.

1) Player #30 white, shoots a three, get's fouled in the act by #1 blue, gets off the floor gets in guys face, both talking pretty good, WHACK BOTH! Double T. Now in NCAA, we would report all fouls, Double t's cancel, and line up and shoot 3 shots and play from there. My question: In NFHS, do we shoot with a cleared lane, and if the last shot goes in, Blue would get the ball because that would be the poi and if missed we go possession arrow, or do we shoot all 3 shots and then go possession arrow no matter what? thanks
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

If you call a double technical foul in NFHS, you go to the point of interuption. In your case that would be with FTs with everyone lined up because of the original foul.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 09:13am
Lighten up, Francis.

I believe the NCAA and NFHS rules on double fouls are exactly the same now. If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will correct me. But I believe both are handled by going to the POI for ALL double fouls.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritchie
1) Player #30 white, shoots a three, get's fouled in the act by #1 blue, gets off the floor gets in guys face, both talking pretty good, WHACK BOTH! Double T. Now in NCAA, we would report all fouls, Double t's cancel, and line up and shoot 3 shots and play from there. My question: In NFHS, do we shoot with a cleared lane, and if the last shot goes in, Blue would get the ball because that would be the poi and if missed we go possession arrow, or do we shoot all 3 shots and then go possession arrow no matter what? thanks
In this case, the administration would be the same as the NCAA.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 07:17pm
M.A.S.H.

I had this exact play in one of my last games this season (Freshman/Sophomore game). Foul on red. White and red get in each other faces... double whack. One coach didn't know what happened from there, the other coach wanted to shoot at both ends for the T's and then shoot the shooting free throws. I said nope, they cancel let's play ball. Fun times.