The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

In that situation, I'd pass on the T, allow game management to clear the floor of the fans, put 4 mins on the clock, toss it up and play ball.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
As I recall there was still time on the clock in that game.
I'm not sure what difference that makes. In both cases, the game isn't over yet.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
I'm not sure what difference that makes. In both cases, the game isn't over yet.
The point is there is still at least that one minute time frame in between the 4th quarter and overtime. If you would T the team for being out on the floor at that time, would you give them a T for being out on the court in between the 1st and 2nd qts. as well? Of course not. The fans being on the court is a problem, but I would allow game management to do their job and get the floor cleared off. If they can't get it cleared off in a reasonable time (approximately 1 minute), then the T becomes an option.

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
Agreed. Fans are one thing, but the team should know better. T'em up and guaranteed it teaches them a lesson.
what lesson are you going to teach them? not to be excited when they hit a 1 in a million shot to tie a game that by that point they had a 1 in a million chance of winning? yup great lesson there -- "jimmy a great thing will happen in your life today and its probably the only time it will happen so I expect you to act like it happens all the time and its not big deal."

i would get game management and I would even help herding the kids back into the stands and remind the coach that we still have OT to play.

A T is a last resort tool I would use in this case after all other avenues have been exhausted and there was no cooperation or hope of improving the sitatution in a timely and expeditious manner.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

A T is a last resort tool I would use in this case after all other avenues have been exhausted and there was no cooperation or hope of improving the sitatution in a timely and expeditious manner.[/QUOTE]

Use some common sense what a great idea!

-General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
what lesson are you going to teach them? not to be excited when they hit a 1 in a million shot to tie a game that by that point they had a 1 in a million chance of winning? yup great lesson there -- "jimmy a great thing will happen in your life today and its probably the only time it will happen so I expect you to act like it happens all the time and its not big deal."

i would get game management and I would even help herding the kids back into the stands and remind the coach that we still have OT to play.

A T is a last resort tool I would use in this case after all other avenues have been exhausted and there was no cooperation or hope of improving the sitatution in a timely and expeditious manner.
For once I agree with deecee. Good call.