Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 05:06pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
What is clear here Big2Cat is I successfully changed the arguement. Mission accomplish. The issues you are raising now is not important enough for me to answer, back to the game.

A wise man once said: there is more than one way to skin a cat, especially a Big Cat!

Peace
You misspelled juvenile. I'm just saying....
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

lol -- I love old school

the best is when he interjects with phases like "the key is" -- "what is clear" -- "i dont know"
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
This type of back and forward goes on all the time in basketball games.
Not in my games it doesn't. "Coach, if you have a question, I'll be happy to answer it. Otherwise, stay in your box and coach your team." I have no tolerance for unsporting behavior.

There are times I get a laugh out of your posts. Its sort of like driving slowly past an auto accident. You can't help yourself, even though its ugly. Then there's other times I realize that this kind ignorance is dangerous. Particularly when new officials read your crap.
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Don't worry, even the Newbies see right through him.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What is clear here Big2Cat is I successfully changed the arguement. Mission accomplish. The issues you are raising now is not important enough for me to answer, back to the game.
Not really. In fact, the argument has ended (not changed) because you proved me right by offering me your whistle. You have also proved my point that you were totally wrong and incompetent. Thankfully you have a partner who might have a clue.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 09:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big2Cat
Not really. In fact, the argument has ended (not changed) because you proved me right by offering me your whistle. You have also proved my point that you were totally wrong and incompetent. Thankfully you have a partner who might have a clue.
Still stuck on the whistle thing. I tell you, that's a good one to use but you got to know how to apply it. I better issue a caution with this tactic. Not for the meek and weak at heart. Also, do not use this at home as serious injury could result, see the anger in Big2Cat comments. Use in bball game, very effective, guaranteed to end the discussion. Has also been applied successfully on fans too! Last, who am I? Nobody! I'm just telling you what worked for me. You can hate me for saying it on this forum, you can hate for using it, but you can't hate me for reporting the results. I'm just saying it worked for me. It may not work for you. Use with caution. If you're not willing to back up what you say or stand behind your word, then you probably shouldn't use it, then again, you probably shouldn't be an official either, IMHO....

Don't shoot the messenger!
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 09:19am
In Memoriam

Quote:
I better issue a caution with this tactic. Also, do not use this at home as serious injury could result. Use in bball game.
You forgot "Never to be used by real officials outside of rec league games."

Don't shoot the messenger.

JMO.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Does it take a tough experienced official to handle Adult Men's Rec ball because the players and coaches are so abusive to referees; or Are the players and referees so abusive in Adult Men's REc because they've had to put up with referees like Old School? Who could blame them?
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If you're not willing to back up what you say or stand behind your word, then you probably shouldn't use it, then again, you probably shouldn't be an official either, IMHO....

Don't shoot the messenger!
well that answers it.....in your little fantasy story, when bigcat offered to take you up on your offer, you balked. IOW you didn't back up what you said, or stand behind your word. So does this mean you shouldn't be an official??

you said it not me so.....ummmm
Don't shoot the messenger
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 09:37am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignats75
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Does it take a tough experienced official to handle Adult Men's Rec ball because the players and coaches are so abusive to referees; or Are the players and referees so abusive in Adult Men's REc because they've had to put up with referees like Old School? Who could blame them?
No, if the players and coaches are abusive to officials you (1) don't assign officials to that rec league if you're an assignor, and (2) don't accept games in that rec league if you're an official. If those leagues want good officiating, they have to clean up their act. If they don't care, they get the Old Schools of the world....people who officiate in a rec league for 10 years without owning a rulebook(by his own admission).
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
If those leagues want good officiating, they have to clean up their act. If they don't care, they get the Old Schools of the world....
Couldn't agree with this more. I'm in my 2nd year of officiating. I worked intramurals (Air Force base) both years. I won't be doing a 3rd because it's not worth the crap that goes along with it. There are some non-military people that play in the league. These are the one's we tend to have the most problems with although it's not just limited to them.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 10:29am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFHusker
Couldn't agree with this more. I'm in my 2nd year of officiating. I worked intramurals (Air Force base) both years. I won't be doing a 3rd because it's not worth the crap that goes along with it. There are some non-military people that play in the league. These are the one's we tend to have the most problems with although it's not just limited to them.
Probably because the military ones have a commander they have to answer to.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 10:53am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFHusker
I won't be doing a 3rd because it's not worth the crap that goes along with it.
That seems to be a fairly common sentiment when it comes to rec leagues. You can't really make a hard and fast statement because there certainly are some excellent, well run rec leagues out there(ex- Mark Padgett), but the worst horror stories when it comes to officiating seem to come out of rec leagues or AAU type ball.
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
A wise man once said: there is a method to the madness and he who understands it, is well ahead of the game. Oh, and one more thing, you will not find this in any rulebook. Lesson over for today.
If you are the ONLY ONE in the entire world who understands the method to your madness, is it truly all that wise?
Old Thu Feb 15, 2007, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

I don't know where you referee, Old School. And I could care less. But I can tell you point blank that you would not be officiating for long in any of the conferences that I work. The assignors I work for would not put up with your bullshiit.

On top of that, there is no way, with your attitude, that you are a certified NFHS referee. Your inflated opinion of self worth and total lack of referee knowledge is so unbelieveable as to defy description.
Closed Thread