The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 06, 2007, 03:02am
Official Forum Member

Team is not ready after half time

What's the exact process?

Put 1 minute on the clock and if there not there it's a technical. What if there not there when they finish shooting free throws? What if 4 players are there?
Old Sat Jan 06, 2007, 05:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
If there are 4 players you can go. As long as it's not at the start of the game the team may play with as few as 2 players. At the start of the 1st QTR the team must have 5 players though.

For the process, I don't know. But I'd bet there are lots of people here who do know :P
do somebody know the fiba process? I belive it's a Coach T for Delay of Game but I'm not sure.
Old Sat Jan 06, 2007, 08:04am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart

Put 1 minute on the clock and if there not there it's a technical. What if there not there when they finish shooting free throws? What if 4 players are there?
NFHS rules.

Don't shoot the FT's for the "T" until you have both teams on the court. That means 5 players each. The "T" is under R10-1-9 and that says that all players have to return to the court.

If they're not there after a minute, call the "T" and get someone to go get 'em. If they still delay, you have the option of a forfeit, but that's a last resort.
Old Sat Jan 06, 2007, 01:03pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

If they have 5 players available, they have to play with 5. If the coach comes with 4 players and says everyone else is vomiting in the locker room, we play on.
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 03:54am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy voyager
If there are 4 players you can go. As long as it's not at the start of the game the team may play with as few as 2 players. At the start of the 1st QTR the team must have 5 players though.

For the process, I don't know. But I'd bet there are lots of people here who do know :P
do somebody know the fiba process? I belive it's a Coach T for Delay of Game but I'm not sure.
A team can play with as few as one player as long as they still have a chance to win.
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl
A team can play with as few as one player as long as they still have a chance to win.
True enough. Inbound passes get pretty tricky, tho'.
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 01:41pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl
Not if 5 are available.
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart

From our rules interpreter this morning discussing the exact situation. Since it is after an intermission, we must use the resumption-of-play procedure first. Further delay would result in the technical and/or forfeit depending.

At the same time, we discussed what the officials were doing (or not doing) during the last minutes of the intermission. By rule, the referee needs to have both teams notified at the 3 minute mark (2-4-4). It was suggested that at the 1 minute mark, make another attempt to find out if the absent team was notified.
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 02:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLydic
From our rules interpreter this morning discussing the exact situation. Since it is after an intermission, we must use the resumption-of-play procedure first. Further delay would result in the technical and/or forfeit depending.

At the same time, we discussed what the officials were doing (or not doing) during the last minutes of the intermission. By rule, the referee needs to have both teams notified at the 3 minute mark (2-4-4). It was suggested that at the 1 minute mark, make another attempt to find out if the absent team was notified.
Tell your rule interpreter to read case book play 10.1.9COMMENT- "The resumption of play procedure is in effect to start the second half unless either team is not on the court. In that case, regular delay provisions are in force".

Then find a new rules interpreter.
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Tell your rule interpreter to read case book play 10.1.9COMMENT- "The resumption of play procedure is in effect to start the second half unless either team is not on the court. In that case, regular delay provisions are in force".

Then find a new rules interpreter.
Thanks for the point in the right direction Jurassic. Actually, I learn more about the rules of this game right here and this just proves the point.