The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 06, 2006, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad

Other than T'ing the coach for going ballistic over this, what response are you looking for?
I'm not looiking for any specific response...just curious to see other officials experiences and/or opinions on the matter.

As usual...I agree with Jurassic's and Bob Jenkins response.

That was pretty much the same thing I told the official that was involved. Sure the Coach SHOULD have told the officials BEFORE the game...but, he didn't. Therefore, I would err on the side of caution...when a player's health could be involved. I give the TO for injury and the player will be removed. NOW...does that player get to come back into the game without a written Doctor's permission. (Not unlike a concussion)

That is what I have e-mailed our Eastern Washington Clinician about...and am waiting for a response. I have also got with our Assignor and asked him to see about the school getting a Doctor's note, for this player, to have on file PRIOR to the game.

BTW...this player played football for the school in the fall...and my football official friends have never seen or heard about a physical condition he has.
Richland, WA
Old Wed Dec 06, 2006, 07:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude
[B]
That was pretty much the same thing I told the official that was involved. Sure the Coach SHOULD have told the officials BEFORE the game...but, he didn't. Therefore, I would err on the side of caution...when a player's health could be involved. I give the TO for injury and the player will be removed. NOW...does that player get to come back into the game without a written Doctor's permission. (Not unlike a concussion)

That is what I have e-mailed our Eastern Washington Clinician about...and am waiting for a response. I have also got with our Assignor and asked him to see about the school getting a Doctor's note, for this player, to have on file PRIOR to the game.
You are wise beyond your years.

You must be a Yankees fan.

Btw, please let us know what your Clinician has to say when you find out, Dude.
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

Update:

I have asked the question to Headquarters and they have not gotten back to me yet. Will reply to your question as soon as I hear something. I have my opinions but this one I want to make sure we are correct in how we handle it. Hope it won't be to long. Thanks.
Steve Ayres, Assigner
Spokane Basketball Officials
Richland, WA