The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Transition Foul BC Double Whistle - 3-man

Ok - this is probably considered fine tuning or nit-picking but I am curious about the board's opinion on the matter.

Transition Foul, back court, new T / slot double whistle - 3 man mechanics.

There were 4 players (2A and 2B) in the back court so I stuck around in slot. I was about to release to the front court as two of the four moved into the front court when the dribbler angled towards me so I stayed with the play. Foul - double whistle (new trail and me). This was a no doubt foul on B so there was no chance we had something different.

What I did: I told the trail to take it thinking, he's about 15 feet from the table.

CCA Mens 3-man Manual says C is responsible from top of circle in back court to top of circle in front court. Page: 64.

Who "should" take this foul to the table. I am of the mindset that the trail "can" take it because it expedites resumption of play but I also have heard the philosophy of taking fouls in YOUR primary to the table.

Any thoughts. Again - fine tuning here.
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I think you handled it fine. But I would have no problem with you taking it to the table. You shouldn't give it up to the T just b/c he's closer to the table, tho. It sounds like it was coming right to you; hard to tell who was actually closer to the play. If you're closer to it and it's coming to you, then take it to the table. It's your responsibility, after all, as you point out.

But if the contact is 4 feet in front of the T, then it probably looks better to let the T take it to the table.
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 10:13am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks
Any thoughts.
Yup, take that one to the local college evaluator that you're working for and find out how he wants it done. Everybody on this forum can tell you to do it one way, but if your evaluator wants it done a different way, then guess what a smart Larks should do.

JMVHO.

How'd your game go, btw?
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 11:02am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Yup, take that one to the local college evaluator that you're working for and find out how he wants it done. Everybody on this forum can tell you to do it one way, but if your evaluator wants it done a different way, then guess what a smart Larks should do.

JMVHO.

How'd your game go, btw?
While I agree with this, you supervisor could also think it is a small thing and worry that if you bring him/her small things like this more problems could occur.
I think it doesn't really matter who takes it to the table. But, there were 4 eyes on two players. Sure there are those spots where is close, but I try to look at my partner to see where he is looking.
I don't even know if I'm making sense right now. Football is about to start (2 hours), I've been doing some work, work on the car and dinner is already cooked! I'm about to have a relaxing day!
Old Sun Nov 05, 2006, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

How'd your game go, btw?
133-53......not kidding.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Ok - this is probably considered fine tuning or nit-picking but I am curious about the board's opinion on the matter.

Transition Foul, back court, new T / slot double whistle - 3 man mechanics.

There were 4 players (2A and 2B) in the back court so I stuck around in slot. I was about to release to the front court as two of the four moved into the front court when the dribbler angled towards me so I stayed with the play. Foul - double whistle (new trail and me). This was a no doubt foul on B so there was no chance we had something different.

What I did: I told the trail to take it thinking, he's about 15 feet from the table.

CCA Mens 3-man Manual says C is responsible from top of circle in back court to top of circle in front court. Page: 64.

Who "should" take this foul to the table. I am of the mindset that the trail "can" take it because it expedites resumption of play but I also have heard the philosophy of taking fouls in YOUR primary to the table.

Any thoughts. Again - fine tuning here.
Bump and slide!!!!!
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 08:46am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
133-53......not kidding.
Wow. Is that kind of game any fun? What level was it? Boys/girls? I think most people hate blowouts.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:40am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Wow. Is that kind of game any fun? What level was it? Boys/girls? I think most people hate blowouts.
It was a lower level mens college game, I think.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1

Girls 8th grade!!

No, JR had it....NCCAA Men's.

Unfortunatley, when you can't dribble, pass, shoot or play D, you run the possibility to give up a buck 30.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
But, there were 4 eyes on two players. Sure there are those spots where is close, but I try to look at my partner to see where he is looking.
Good point about checking the P. I think we all go ahead and leave the BC when there is only two players so I am cool with that. I doubt I would have stayed with it if the play was nearer the table sideline. It caught my eye coming right at me though so I took maybe a longer peek than normal.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
How'd your game go, btw?
Quote:
133-53......not kidding.
Doesn't matter, Andy, you still should have "reported in"! Us wannabe's wanna know all the skinny.

And I hope your sig line doesn't apply to your "new job":

Quote:
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team.