The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

First game tonight

Have my first game of the season tonight. Don't even know if it is boys or girls. Girls I think. Been doing so much socccer and VB I hope I don't try to flip a coin at the captains meeting, call an offside, or a back row attack on someone. Wish me well!
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
Have my first game of the season tonight. Don't even know if it is boys or girls. Girls I think. Been doing so much socccer and VB I hope I don't try to flip a coin at the captains meeting, call an offside, or a back row attack on someone. Wish me well!
Have fun, especially!

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 04:56pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Think TC.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 05:01pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
We have our annual meeting on the 29th, and then about 3 weeks till scrimmages, and December 1st our season begins.

In the meantime, my eye doctor appt. is next week, and I [ shudder ] will ask about contacts.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Just

Just throw a flag up when it goes out of bounds.........................
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

So?!?

How'd it go?

Inquiring minds want to know.

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Oct 13, 2006, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

They were both blowouts. It was a short night. Tipped first game at 6:00 and I was home in my chair watching baseball @ 8:05. I noticed two things. Since most of my lower level were in SIJHSAA before, the games last night were shorter because the SI... gives the 8th graders 7 minutes quarters. Also, since about 50% of my games before I moved were in Indiana, I noticed that I went through the entire first game without anyone threatening to kill me or questioning whether or not my parents were married. Nearly every coach I saw in IN was either a Bobby Knight or Gene Keady knock off. (So were the parents!)
I also had to catch myself backpeddling at first. In soccer, in the dual system, you often have to come out the part of the field not far from the penalty area running @ full speed backwards for a while. After about the third time I stopped that. Also my second foul in game two was a team control so I got to do the punch thing for the first time.
Old Fri Oct 13, 2006, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I also had to catch myself backpeddling at first. In soccer, in the dual system, you often have to come out the part of the field not far from the penalty area running @ full speed backwards for a while. After about the third time I stopped that.
I stopped doing that after I fell backwards one time and broke my wrist. Good to see you stopped before that happened to you.

Also, I see you now know Illinoisians are much more civilized than their Indiana neighbors.

I've got a couple of pre-season scrimmages coming up this weekend, so I'm anxious to get out on the floor again as well. Hope the rest of your games are just as smooth.

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Oct 13, 2006, 10:12am
MABO Member

I got my first games this weekend as well. A pre-season tournament for some elite club teams. Should be intersting 2 games tonight, Grade8/9 girls and then 10/11 girls. 2 games tomorrow night Semi final games, Dont know what levels yet but probably 8/9 boys and 9/10 boys. Then Sunday Morning I have all of the Boys finals. 3 games starting with 8/9, then 9/10 and finish with 7/8 boys.

Can't wait to get started.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.