The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   First game tonight (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/28826-first-game-tonight.html)

refnrev Thu Oct 12, 2006 04:27pm

First game tonight

Have my first game of the season tonight. Don't even know if it is boys or girls. Girls I think. Been doing so much socccer and VB I hope I don't try to flip a coin at the captains meeting, call an offside, or a back row attack on someone.;) Wish me well!

M&M Guy Thu Oct 12, 2006 04:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by refnrev
Have my first game of the season tonight. Don't even know if it is boys or girls. Girls I think. Been doing so much socccer and VB I hope I don't try to flip a coin at the captains meeting, call an offside, or a back row attack on someone.;) Wish me well!

Have fun, especially!

mick Thu Oct 12, 2006 04:56pm

Quote:

Think TC.</font>

26 Year Gap Thu Oct 12, 2006 05:01pm

We have our annual meeting on the 29th, and then about 3 weeks till scrimmages, and December 1st our season begins.

In the meantime, my eye doctor appt. is next week, and I [:eek: shudder:eek: ] will ask about contacts.

bbref3103 Thu Oct 12, 2006 05:13pm

Just

Just throw a flag up when it goes out of bounds.........................

M&M Guy Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:37pm

So?!?

How'd it go?

Inquiring minds want to know.

refnrev Fri Oct 13, 2006 08:57am

They were both blowouts. It was a short night. Tipped first game at 6:00 and I was home in my chair watching baseball @ 8:05. I noticed two things. Since most of my lower level were in SIJHSAA before, the games last night were shorter because the SI... gives the 8th graders 7 minutes quarters. Also, since about 50% of my games before I moved were in Indiana, I noticed that I went through the entire first game without anyone threatening to kill me or questioning whether or not my parents were married.;) Nearly every coach I saw in IN was either a Bobby Knight or Gene Keady knock off. (So were the parents!)
I also had to catch myself backpeddling at first. In soccer, in the dual system, you often have to come out the part of the field not far from the penalty area running @ full speed backwards for a while. After about the third time I stopped that. Also my second foul in game two was a team control so I got to do the punch thing for the first time.

M&M Guy Fri Oct 13, 2006 09:42am

Quote:

I also had to catch myself backpeddling at first. In soccer, in the dual system, you often have to come out the part of the field not far from the penalty area running @ full speed backwards for a while. After about the third time I stopped that.

I stopped doing that after I fell backwards one time and broke my wrist. Good to see you stopped before that happened to you. ;)

Also, I see you now know Illinoisians are <b>much</B> more civilized than their Indiana neighbors. :D

I've got a couple of pre-season scrimmages coming up this weekend, so I'm anxious to get out on the floor again as well. Hope the rest of your games are just as smooth.

SmokeEater Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:12am

I got my first games this weekend as well. A pre-season tournament for some elite club teams. Should be intersting 2 games tonight, Grade8/9 girls and then 10/11 girls. 2 games tomorrow night Semi final games, Dont know what levels yet but probably 8/9 boys and 9/10 boys. Then Sunday Morning I have all of the Boys finals. 3 games starting with 8/9, then 9/10 and finish with 7/8 boys.

Can't wait to get started.