The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Looks like the NBA's ready to start up again...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15155064/
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Too funny Dan! I thought they just finished playing about a month ago...oh yeah, I forgot they play 10 months out of the year now that pretty much every team is invited to the playoffs to play a best of 15 series.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:22pm
In Memoriam

Not only that......

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...127/SPORTS0102

Interesting new rule. I can see...oh....maybe forty-eleven "T"s called in the first game.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Great new rule, but it will be interetesting to see how it's enforced. I love how the whiners are now whining because they know they are whiners and will have to pay up or better yet shut up.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
Great new rule, but it will be interetesting to see how it's enforced. I love how the whiners are now whining because they know they are whiners and will have to pay up or better yet shut up.
Too bad that rule wasn't in place and enforced when Bill Laimbeer played. He would have been called, "first quarter Bill."
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:41pm
MABO Member

Speaking of Whiners. What is all the fuss about the new basketballs? I heard that players dont like them when they are dry or if they get wet. IS it a new style or just new material?

Smoke

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:41pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
Great new rule, but it will be interesting to see how it's enforced.
That was my first impression too. Not only "how" but "how long" also.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater
Speaking of Whiners. What is all the fuss about the new basketballs? I heard that players dont like them when they are dry or if they get wet. IS it a new style or just new material?

Smoke
The players have been complaining that they're slippery when wet. However....they might just be confusing the balls with the groupies.
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Common sense lacking among 73% of americans Study finds

Quote:
"It's just another 'Sheed Wallace rule," Wallace said, shaking his head. "It just means I must be doing something right. Any time they change the rules of the game for one specific player, you must be doing something right."
lol the only thing he's doing right, but it might not be by choice, is that he isn't associated with Stephen Jackson.

Quote:
"They know we are a very emotional team. I feel like this is a Pistons rule. It just gives them easier access to have us open up and get emotional and then, boom, they bust our bubble. It's like they are trying to take the emotion out of the game."
Great one we are so emotional we CANNOT control ourselves. I think the league, and I mean all athletic leagues, will serve themselves very well if they institute a no-talkie rule, unless players pass a test that proves they have the ability to put together a cohesive statement based on facts rather than speculation and personal feelings. Plus an IQ higher than 60 would help too.

Quote:
"It's how you approach them and how many times you approach them and what you say to them," he said. "They're going to be open, always, to very positive dialogue. But if you come at them and you do things that sort of mock and humiliate them, it's going to be automatic. They're not waiting."
Probably why some people in life succeed and have great longevity while others are just a passing fad. I don't see why players cannot grasp this single simple concept I mean between bouncy, bouncy the ball and jumpy, jumpy for rebound and passy, passy to the open players simple common sense gets lost amid the confusion of "emotion", "competitiveness" and "hustle".

Sorry for the rant but its funny the parralel between "the professionals' and the "adult rec league super stars who can make dazzling layups after layups while unguarded".
Old Fri Oct 13, 2006, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

I've felt the ball. It feels awkward, like it's an indoor-outdoor ball.

It's about time the officials T players for all the crying. We'll see how long it lasts though.