View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 12, 2006, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Common sense lacking among 73% of americans Study finds

Quote:
"It's just another 'Sheed Wallace rule," Wallace said, shaking his head. "It just means I must be doing something right. Any time they change the rules of the game for one specific player, you must be doing something right."
lol the only thing he's doing right, but it might not be by choice, is that he isn't associated with Stephen Jackson.

Quote:
"They know we are a very emotional team. I feel like this is a Pistons rule. It just gives them easier access to have us open up and get emotional and then, boom, they bust our bubble. It's like they are trying to take the emotion out of the game."
Great one we are so emotional we CANNOT control ourselves. I think the league, and I mean all athletic leagues, will serve themselves very well if they institute a no-talkie rule, unless players pass a test that proves they have the ability to put together a cohesive statement based on facts rather than speculation and personal feelings. Plus an IQ higher than 60 would help too.

Quote:
"It's how you approach them and how many times you approach them and what you say to them," he said. "They're going to be open, always, to very positive dialogue. But if you come at them and you do things that sort of mock and humiliate them, it's going to be automatic. They're not waiting."
Probably why some people in life succeed and have great longevity while others are just a passing fad. I don't see why players cannot grasp this single simple concept I mean between bouncy, bouncy the ball and jumpy, jumpy for rebound and passy, passy to the open players simple common sense gets lost amid the confusion of "emotion", "competitiveness" and "hustle".

Sorry for the rant but its funny the parralel between "the professionals' and the "adult rec league super stars who can make dazzling layups after layups while unguarded".