The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 03, 2006, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
WNBA Finals

Ok, admittedly I'm a young guy so I don't know the history of this Lambier guy. But, he's a prick, maybe I'm just a little hot headed, but I would have run him (or at least given him his well-deserved technical). He is a distraction from the game. Question a call, that's fine, but he was crossing the line. He all but said the officials were cheating him and have done it for the entire series. I can't believe they put up with that much crap from him.

CH
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 03:36pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Laimbeer is especially hated by Celtic fans. He was a good player who could shoot the eyes out from the top of the arc. He was also somewhat like Gordie Howe, who was known to throw a lot of mean elbows in the crowd. But most of all, he is a name people recognize, so that paltry ratings can be inflated. Can't say whether he should have been run or not, because the next minute I watch of a WNBA game will be my first, but knowing his past would cause me to think he would be a guy who would deserve ejection every now and then.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

I admit to watching the WNBA! If there are referees working a game at any level I'm going to try to pickup on ways to do or not to do something, or see how a situation I may not have run into is handled.

Lambier has been miked for the whole playoff series and the network person with the finger on the bleep button has had their work cut out for them. He comes across as a real jerk when things aren't going his way.

The thing I have noted from this playoff is that coaches have the very same things to comment about at all levels of play. I just hope coaches from my area who might be watching these games don't think they are going to get away with some of the comments I have heard from Lambier. I will allow some questioning of my calls, but question my integrity, and you will pay a price.

I am curious about what (if anything) goes on behind the scenes between the league and the WNBA assignors when some of the diolog I witnessed can be heard over national TV.
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 09:44pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
Ok, admittedly I'm a young guy so I don't know the history of this Lambier guy. But, he's a prick, maybe I'm just a little hot headed, but I would have run him (or at least given him his well-deserved technical). He is a distraction from the game. Question a call, that's fine, but he was crossing the line. He all but said the officials were cheating him and have done it for the entire series. I can't believe they put up with that much crap from him.

CH
Someone watches these games?
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 10:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl
Someone watches these games?
Do not start. You know Juulie will be upset by statements like this.

How have you been Bill. Is everything going well out in California?

Peace
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 11:06pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Do not start. You know Juulie will be upset by statements like this.

How have you been Bill. Is everything going well out in California?

Peace
Been good.

Started regular season of football last week and had an all right game. I am LJ on my crew, but I stepped in at BJ because ours was puuled to WH another game. Getting ready for basketball to, have a shot clock here. That will be new.

How is your season going thus far?
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 11:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl
Been good.

Started regular season of football last week and had an all right game. I am LJ on my crew, but I stepped in at BJ because ours was puuled to WH another game. Getting ready for basketball to, have a shot clock here. That will be new.

How is your season going thus far?
I have had 3 games so far and everything has been well. I joined a new crew this year. I cannot believe this week will be week 3.

Peace
Old Tue Sep 05, 2006, 05:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH

CH
Maybe this all seem so much worse because Bill has a microphone on every game, do we really think it would be any different, if not worse, if we had microphones on all the NBA coaches during the playoffs? I think that the officials in the NBA/WNBA are told to put up with a little more crap than we are used to.