The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 14, 2006, 07:49am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellnier
We have morons south of the border too...Buffalo's new ABA team is the Silverbacks, the logo being a male silverback gorilla. Some local black leaders, never shy about playing the race card over any issue here in Buffalo, are accusing the team of being racially insensitive because (a) white racists have sometimes called African-Americans 'monkeys', 'apes', etc. and/or (b) the gorilla in the logo "looks like an angry black man" (this comment was actually from a black woman). Sheesh.
What's "the race card"? I've always wondered what the definition of that was.
Old Mon Aug 14, 2006, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Earlier in this thread, I said that I'd never heard "frog" used as an insult. But just last night, I was reading a novel, and one of the British characters refers to the French as "those froggies". Go figure. Never heard of it in 40 years; then somebody mentions it; then I see it a week later. Weird.

This is actually the second time that this has happened to me that I can recall. Both times were words that I first heard here on the forum. Lost the fouler

Last edited by ChuckElias; Mon Aug 14, 2006 at 08:39am.
Old Tue Aug 15, 2006, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Earlier in this thread, I said that I'd never heard "frog" used as an insult. But just last night, I was reading a novel, and one of the British characters refers to the French as "those froggies". Go figure. Never heard of it in 40 years; then somebody mentions it; then I see it a week later. Weird.

This is actually the second time that this has happened to me that I can recall. Both times were words that I first heard here on the forum. Lost the fouler
So, you never heard the words "kanckered" and "frog". Guess you Bosox guys don't get out much, do you?