The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 09:49am
Huck Finn

Team A shoots the ball and the miss is rebounded by team B. After the rebound, player B1 is knocked down by B2 causing B1 to lose the ball out of bounds. Team A will be getting the ball back. This action happens on baseline away from the table and I'm the trail away from the table. I signal for a reset of the shot clock. Nothing. I signal again. Nothing. I say "reset th shot clock." I hear from the table "but there wasn't a change of possession."

Things like this happens way too often with the table. Yes, they are part of our team but their job is to record and display statistics for the game and various duties relating to notification of subs and the bonus. When something like this or a foul occurs they need to understand that they are to accept our inputs period. There are many tables that can't keep track of the AP let alone worry about what we call on the court. I will say that I have worked with tables in Las Vegas in the past and I was shocked when they made a mistake. Fortunately for the people in Las Vegas half of that dynamic duo is an official now. There are some very good tables but there are some that need to take their duties more seriously.
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
The overwhelming comment from my partners yesterday at my D-III scrimmage was:

"At this level, most of your problems will be with the table."

Hmmm...sounds like they knew what they were talking about!
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 11:33am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I will say that I have worked with tables in Las Vegas in the past and I was shocked when they made a mistake.
I wish some of the tables I have worked with in Las Vegas would make mistakes. Maybe I wouldnt be out on the street with a sign that reads "Will Blow Whistle For Food".
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 01:50pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I will say that I have worked with tables in Las Vegas in the past and I was shocked when they made a mistake.
I wish some of the tables I have worked with in Las Vegas would make mistakes. Maybe I wouldnt be out on the street with a sign that reads "Will Blow Whistle For Food".
I didn't get it at first but I do now. I lived there for so long I took the tables for granted!