The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.17 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Wow.

We finally agree on something.

Hey, tjones1, have those beloved Cardinals won any World Championships in your lifetime?

Just wonderin'.

Man, sometimes being bitter is fun.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 02:29pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Wow.

We finally agree on something.

Hey, tjones1, have those beloved Cardinals won any World Championships in your lifetime?

Just wonderin'.

Man, sometimes being bitter is fun.
Yeah, I think that they musta taken Tanner's appendix out through his brain pan.

And as for the Cards' fans...

Don Denkinger

Bwahahahahaha......
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, I think that they musta taken Tanner's appendix out through his brain pan.

Don Denkinger

Bwahahahahaha......

This actually might've happened before Tanner was born as well.

But, it still feels good to post it. And I won't even mention that it was only game 6, and the Cardinals also lost game 7, 11-0.

Naw, wouldn't want to rub it in.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 02:53pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:

Don Denkinger

Bwahahahahaha......
Ha Ha, you aren't the first to say that after my surgery!

Quote:
This actually might've happened before Tanner was born as well.
Well, I was just a little over two months into this world during these games. So, I certainly don't remember them, but I was here!
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 02:54pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

And I won't even mention that it was only game 6, and the Cardinals also lost game 7, 11-0.
Yeah, I still can't figure out how a blown call that just put a runner on first.....didn't score a run or anything.....in the sixth game....could cost a team the World Series when they still had a seventh game to play...at home too. And 21 years later, they're still whining about it.
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, I still can't figure out how a blown call that just put a runner on first.....didn't score a run or anything.....in the sixth game....could cost a team the World Series when they still had a seventh game to play...at home too. And 21 years later, they're still whining about it.
No different than some Cub fans and Steve Bartman. That was also a game 6, no runs scored on that play, and the Cubs were ahead at that time. Then, even though they lost that game, there was still a game 7 at home.

Sigh...if I get any more depressed I might have to commit Harry Carey.

Unless I can find some more things to dig at Cardinal fans. That might make life worth living.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 03:10pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

Sigh...if I get any more depressed I might have to commit Harry Carey.
You're gonna drink yourself stoopid for 6 1/2 innings and then sing Take Me Out To The Ballgame?

PS- I don't really mind the Cardinal fans. I actually think that they have great fans. It's Albert Einstein, their manager, that bugs the hell outa me. He's screwed up more teams than any other manager in the history of the game, and he's still treated like the second coming of God.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 03:14pm.
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You're gonna drink yourself stoopid for 6 1/2 innings and then sing Take Me Out To The Ballgame?
Exactly. I wouldn't have to do any more, because my wife would take care of putting me out of my (and her) misery.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 04:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Unless I can find some more things to dig at Cardinal fans. That might make life worth living.
There is not a lot that is going to make me upset if it comes from a Cubs fan. Both my childhood teams are in the playoffs and both have won the World Series too.

Now that you got rid of Baker, maybe you will find something else to complain about next year. You do remember "Next year" right.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
There is not a lot that is going to make me upset if it comes from a Cubs fan. Both my childhood teams are in the playoffs and both have won the World Series too.

Now that you got rid of Baker, maybe you will find something else to complain about next year. You do remember "Next year" right.

Peace
Hey, my childhood team has won the World Series.

Ok, just not in my lifetime.

Or my parents' lifetime. (Sigh...)

I was actually almost disappointed the White Sox didn't make it. I've never been into the Cub/Sox rivalry as much as some people, because my best friend growing up was a Sox fan, and the first game I ever went to was a Sox game. So I was kinda happy they won it last year. I've just learned to dislike loud-mouth Cardinal fans after moving halfway between Chicago and St. Louis, where it's about a 50-50 split between fans. Sox fans started coming out of the woodwork last year, but they're still few and far between.

As far as the "next year" comment:

Shut up.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 07:25pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Ummm, let me think. I think the answer is the same number the Cubs have won. But, they've been three times in my lifetime.
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 09:52pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Or that a harmless grounder in yet another game 6 a year later would matter considering that a little earlier, the bases were empty and there were 2 strikes on a guy who struck out a lot with the bases empty and a 2 run lead with 2 out?

"Joe, Calvin Schiraldi is a good friend of mine."

Last edited by 26 Year Gap; Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 09:55pm.
Old Tue Oct 03, 2006, 05:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I think it's pretty amazing that the Yankees ended up with the best record in the AL. After the injuries they went through, being down in the division until early September. Then they just turned it on, Tigers cooled down a little, and Torre's gang has home field advantage through the playoffs. Love 'em or hate 'em, I gotta tip my hat to 'em.

I can be charitable b/c the Pats looked awesome Sunday
Old Tue Oct 03, 2006, 06:38am
Official Forum Member

Yanks Should Win

Not too impressed with the job the Yanks have done. With their $198 Million dollar payroll they should be able to overcome some injuries. The A's have a little less than 1/3 that and also had to deal with injuries. Heck the A's could have put out 3 competive teams for that kinda money.
Old Tue Oct 03, 2006, 06:48am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
Not too impressed with the job the Yanks have done. With their $198 Million dollar payroll they should be able to overcome some injuries.
Maybe, but the fact is that they did it. Boston's payroll isn't all that far behind NY's, but the Sox folded like a tent in the last 5 weeks of the season.