The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Question

What do the women's rules say about the dreaded BLARGE? I was under the impression that it cannot happen in the women's game...and that the 2 signaling officials need to get together and decide on one or the other. I may very well be wrong since I do not do (or know) the women's rules, but I am discussing it with a fellow friend & official who works women's games. He believes it is a double foul with AP...and I keep telling him he better look it up!
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 05:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
What do the women's rules say about the dreaded BLARGE?
The rule is the exact same as Men's basketball. This is not a rules difference between the two sides.

Quote:
I was under the impression that it cannot happen in the women's game...and that the 2 signaling officials need to get together and decide on one or the other. I may very well be wrong since I do not do (or know) the women's rules, but I am discussing it with a fellow friend & official who works women's games. He believes it is a double foul with AP...and I keep telling him he better look it up!
Unless you can show me something specific, there is no rules difference. Remember for the most part the rules between Men's and Women's basketball are all the same except for some well known differences. This is not one of those differences.

Peace
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

The Women have a directive to get together and share information to make one call or the other. We have a lot of officials in our group that also do Womens and they all want to use this directive during a high school game.
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, it's not a rule as much as a mechanic, per se.
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
I've seen some have to report both calls.
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Question Where?

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
The Women have a directive to get together and share information to make one call or the other. We have a lot of officials in our group that also do Womens and they all want to use this directive during a high school game.
Mulk,

Where can I find this directive to support this argument? My friend is going to ask!

Thanks!
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What do the women's rules say about the dreaded BLARGE? I was under the impression that it cannot happen in the women's game...and that the 2 signaling officials need to get together and decide on one or the other. I may very well be wrong since I do not do (or know) the women's rules, but I am discussing it with a fellow friend & official who works women's games. He believes it is a double foul with AP...and I keep telling him he better look it up!
6-3.1 AR 4 specifically applies to NCAAM. One might argue that this implies that NCAAW wouldn't have this sort of double foul -- so they must choose one or the other.

Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 11:10am
Esteemed Participant

Re: Where?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
Mulk,

Where can I find this directive to support this argument? My friend is going to ask!

Thanks!
Tell him to go to the NCAA Bulletin website and look thru the archived bulletins...I believe it was two seasons ago, and (as already posted earlier) we were told NOT to have a blarge - get together and the official whose primary it is makes the call.