The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 02:48pm
MPLAHE

The issue pertaining to the switch for two man did not come up at the Denton meeting - it was at the Dallas TASO state meeting and was introduced in the two-man seminar and was confirmed later in the day.

There is nothing written on the change as yet, however it is coming. You are correct regarding the other mechanic introduced by Ronnie, which is the PC signal used for team control fouls.
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

That is going to be an interesting change for 2 person. I guess we gotta do what we are told.

Aggie, have you attended a district meeting yet? That is where it was brought to my attention. I don't like the mechanic, I wish we would just "punch" it like college, but that is what Ronnie said to do.
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I did my first scrimmage tonight and we did do the new mechanic so someone in our chapter did get the message back from Dallas. It was awkward doing it and it didn't feel right not being able to look at the table during a free throw. The thing you have to remember is to look behind you to see if there are subs coming in. It does have some of the same feel as the three person mechanic but you have to come down further because you are now have to come down a bit further than you would for three man.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

I have now officially been told about this change as well. We worked in to our scrimmage last night. I am not a big fan of it in the two person game. Oh well.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

We also used the mechanic in a scrimmage last night. Two issues - 1)We ended up not switching on shooting fouls called by Trail; 2)Much more awkward being aware of subs reporting - especially since the table was not blowing the horn during the scrimmage, and 1 coach consistently subbed after the ball was at the disposal of the shooter for the second shot. District clinic tonight - maybe we will get some clarification.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by dallasref
We also used the mechanic in a scrimmage last night. Two issues - 1)We ended up not switching on shooting fouls called by Trail; 2)Much more awkward being aware of subs reporting - especially since the table was not blowing the horn during the scrimmage, and 1 coach consistently subbed after the ball was at the disposal of the shooter for the second shot. District clinic tonight - maybe we will get some clarification.
1) That's right...but even with the old 2-person mechanics, you didn't switch on some fouls (no long switches, for example). That's now the case for more fouls that it used to.

2) You'll get in the habit quickly as trail official to look over your shoulder at the table for subs before the last FT.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

It is true that in previous years we didn't switch on all fouls (another Texas exception) but we did switch on all shooting fouls when staying in the frontcourt.
Glancing over the shoulder once the shooter had the ball was awkward - maybe I'll get used to it.

[Edited by dallasref on Nov 2nd, 2005 at 05:10 PM]