The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jul 17, 2005, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

2 days until I leave for Vegas,

Anything I should know about this coast to coast camp before I leave? (besides the "developmental" not recruiting purpose of it)

Also, although I asked this before I forgot, of those of us who read this forum who's gonna be at the camp? Hopefully I'll get to put some names and faces together while at camp.
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 06:38am
Official Forum Member

I, unfortunately, won't be there, but I think one of my students actually will (all I know is that he's going to Vegas for a basketball camp - pretty sure C2C would be reffing it).

Look for the really tall black kid. Let me know if you see him.
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
I too am going, I will be the bald guy there, lol. Hope to see you there also ref18
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
Gentlemen,

Not going myself, but I am very curious as to your opinions and experiences when you get back. I am seriously thinking about going next year. Have a good time!

Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
Will do, Im curious to see if this is anything like my experience at Tolliver's camp in VA
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

I'll be at Coast to Coast and look forward to it. Hopefully the basketball will keep me away from the tables for a while...
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Vegas

I will be in Vegas as well this weekend. However, it is a different camp--- the CCAA. We will be doing the same tournament as coast to coast but different gyms. Does anyone know who the clinicians will be at Coast to Coast and if there will be any college assignors observing? Thanks for the info.
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 05:55am
Huck Finn

Re: Vegas

Quote:
Originally posted by socalreff
I will be in Vegas as well this weekend. However, it is a different camp--- the CCAA. We will be doing the same tournament as coast to coast but different gyms. Does anyone know who the clinicians will be at Coast to Coast and if there will be any college assignors observing? Thanks for the info.
I have never heard of a college assigner observing the officials at the coast to coast and I used to live in Vegas. I don't even think Marla, Jack, John or Lou will be in town to watch. Well I'm not sure about Jack since they aren't going to be in Walnut Creek this year but I know Lou will be in Walnut Creek for the PAC-10 camp so he won't be in Vegas. You might just have to work hard for Dr. White and Dan. Are you already on the CCAA staff?
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Getting Ready

I have a question for you guys, is this a camp for officials also? And if not do you guys get paid per day or per game and how many games a day do you do. I've there are two camps back to back how do you get on the officials list and who do you contact for information appreciate the help
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 09:35am
Huck Finn

Re: Getting Ready

Quote:
Originally posted by alfreedog
I have a question for you guys, is this a camp for officials also? And if not do you guys get paid per day or per game and how many games a day do you do. I've there are two camps back to back how do you get on the officials list and who do you contact for information appreciate the help
First of all when it comes to Vegas this time of year you need a score card to keep track of the tournaments.
The Big Time is a tournament that historically uses around 16 high school gyms and every school has two courts. The local guys get two sites and the rest are divided up for officials' camps. The SEC will be there, the NBA will be there (coast to coast) along with others. So, to work one of the camps you just have to find out the correct information, pay your money and go.
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Tomegun

I have never heard of a college assigner observing the officials at the coast to coast and I used to live in Vegas. I don't even think Marla, Jack, John or Lou will be in town to watch. Well I'm not sure about Jack since they aren't going to be in Walnut Creek this year but I know Lou will be in Walnut Creek for the PAC-10 camp so he won't be in Vegas. You might just have to work hard for Dr. White and Dan. Are you already on the CCAA staff? [/B][/QUOTE]

You sound like you're familiar with the west coast happenings in college ball. Yes I am on staff for the CCAA. Are you gonna be there? As staff, we work with prospects and do a lot of games as well. It's great ball in the Adidas 64. Did a game last year with the shortest player on the floor being 6-3.
Old Wed Jul 20, 2005, 04:09am
Huck Finn

Re: Tomegun

Quote:
Originally posted by socalreff

I have never heard of a college assigner observing the officials at the coast to coast and I used to live in Vegas. I don't even think Marla, Jack, John or Lou will be in town to watch. Well I'm not sure about Jack since they aren't going to be in Walnut Creek this year but I know Lou will be in Walnut Creek for the PAC-10 camp so he won't be in Vegas. You might just have to work hard for Dr. White and Dan. Are you already on the CCAA staff?
You sound like you're familiar with the west coast happenings in college ball. Yes I am on staff for the CCAA. Are you gonna be there? As staff, we work with prospects and do a lot of games as well. It's great ball in the Adidas 64. Did a game last year with the shortest player on the floor being 6-3. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, I will not be there. I live in the DC area now. I wish I was there though. While the ball on the east coast is better and there is more of it I miss the west coast. I do know a lot of the guys out there. Have some fun there for me!