The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Getting Ready... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/21336-getting-ready.html)

ref18 Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:50pm

2 days until I leave for Vegas,

Anything I should know about this coast to coast camp before I leave? (besides the "developmental" not recruiting purpose of it)

Also, although I asked this before I forgot, of those of us who read this forum who's gonna be at the camp? Hopefully I'll get to put some names and faces together while at camp.

Mark Dexter Mon Jul 18, 2005 06:38am

I, unfortunately, won't be there, but I think one of my students actually will (all I know is that he's going to Vegas for a basketball camp - pretty sure C2C would be reffing it).

Look for the really tall black kid. Let me know if you see him. :p

LouisianaDave Mon Jul 18, 2005 08:36am

I too am going, I will be the bald guy there, lol. Hope to see you there also ref18

drothamel Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:05pm

Gentlemen,

Not going myself, but I am very curious as to your opinions and experiences when you get back. I am seriously thinking about going next year. Have a good time!

LouisianaDave Mon Jul 18, 2005 01:43pm

Will do, Im curious to see if this is anything like my experience at Tolliver's camp in VA

SMEngmann Mon Jul 18, 2005 04:53pm

I'll be at Coast to Coast and look forward to it. Hopefully the basketball will keep me away from the tables for a while...

socalreff Mon Jul 18, 2005 07:08pm

Vegas

I will be in Vegas as well this weekend. However, it is a different camp--- the CCAA. We will be doing the same tournament as coast to coast but different gyms. Does anyone know who the clinicians will be at Coast to Coast and if there will be any college assignors observing? Thanks for the info.

tomegun Tue Jul 19, 2005 05:55am

Re: Vegas

Quote:

Originally posted by socalreff
I will be in Vegas as well this weekend. However, it is a different camp--- the CCAA. We will be doing the same tournament as coast to coast but different gyms. Does anyone know who the clinicians will be at Coast to Coast and if there will be any college assignors observing? Thanks for the info.
I have never heard of a college assigner observing the officials at the coast to coast and I used to live in Vegas. I don't even think Marla, Jack, John or Lou will be in town to watch. Well I'm not sure about Jack since they aren't going to be in Walnut Creek this year but I know Lou will be in Walnut Creek for the PAC-10 camp so he won't be in Vegas. You might just have to work hard for Dr. White and Dan. Are you already on the CCAA staff?

alfreedog Tue Jul 19, 2005 09:25am

Getting Ready

I have a question for you guys, is this a camp for officials also? And if not do you guys get paid per day or per game and how many games a day do you do. I've there are two camps back to back how do you get on the officials list and who do you contact for information appreciate the help

tomegun Tue Jul 19, 2005 09:35am

Re: Getting Ready

Quote:

Originally posted by alfreedog
I have a question for you guys, is this a camp for officials also? And if not do you guys get paid per day or per game and how many games a day do you do. I've there are two camps back to back how do you get on the officials list and who do you contact for information appreciate the help
First of all when it comes to Vegas this time of year you need a score card to keep track of the tournaments.
The Big Time is a tournament that historically uses around 16 high school gyms and every school has two courts. The local guys get two sites and the rest are divided up for officials' camps. The SEC will be there, the NBA will be there (coast to coast) along with others. So, to work one of the camps you just have to find out the correct information, pay your money and go.

socalreff Tue Jul 19, 2005 04:19pm

Tomegun

I have never heard of a college assigner observing the officials at the coast to coast and I used to live in Vegas. I don't even think Marla, Jack, John or Lou will be in town to watch. Well I'm not sure about Jack since they aren't going to be in Walnut Creek this year but I know Lou will be in Walnut Creek for the PAC-10 camp so he won't be in Vegas. You might just have to work hard for Dr. White and Dan. Are you already on the CCAA staff? [/B][/QUOTE]

You sound like you're familiar with the west coast happenings in college ball. Yes I am on staff for the CCAA. Are you gonna be there? As staff, we work with prospects and do a lot of games as well. It's great ball in the Adidas 64. Did a game last year with the shortest player on the floor being 6-3.

tomegun Wed Jul 20, 2005 04:09am

Re: Tomegun

Quote:

Originally posted by socalreff

I have never heard of a college assigner observing the officials at the coast to coast and I used to live in Vegas. I don't even think Marla, Jack, John or Lou will be in town to watch. Well I'm not sure about Jack since they aren't going to be in Walnut Creek this year but I know Lou will be in Walnut Creek for the PAC-10 camp so he won't be in Vegas. You might just have to work hard for Dr. White and Dan. Are you already on the CCAA staff?

You sound like you're familiar with the west coast happenings in college ball. Yes I am on staff for the CCAA. Are you gonna be there? As staff, we work with prospects and do a lot of games as well. It's great ball in the Adidas 64. Did a game last year with the shortest player on the floor being 6-3. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, I will not be there. I live in the DC area now. I wish I was there though. While the ball on the east coast is better and there is more of it I miss the west coast. I do know a lot of the guys out there. Have some fun there for me!