The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 09:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AK ref SE
I like reading post in this forum, I love the different opinions and differences between regions and states(and provinces).

I think human reaction time should be an accepted practice at all levels and all sports! I think the only reason that no lag time is not in high school is money.
Why don't we equip basketball uniforms with motion sensors and contact sensors, if a player moves before the sensor picks up that the dribble started or if the sensor notes sufficient contact bells and whistles sound.
No big deal is made when a star player misses half his shots, but we miss a call or the bench is a half second to slow it is a big deal. Sorry that I am venting, but we are all human (coaches,players, fans) but of course officials are supposed to be super human.

AK ref SE
Hey, if everyone will go to Precision Time, we won't have to worry about lag time!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Apr 12, 2001, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Smile

As a member of Timers and Shot Clock Operators Local 1674, I must object to the use of Precision Time. No way will we let a machine take a union job!

BTW, I know that you still have a timer with this system, and actually would love to have the chance to use it from either side of the table. Of course, cost is still a huge factor - these systems don't come cheap.