Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 29, 2006, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Chuck, are you on a cruise or did you fly down? I'm going on a Southern Caribbean cruise at the beginning of June and I can't wait.
Cruised. Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Cozumel was a pit, and I don't think it was all due to hurricane damage.
Old Sat Apr 29, 2006, 09:00pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Cruised. Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Cozumel was a pit, and I don't think it was all due to hurricane damage.
Wow, I did Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel before. I have no desire to go to Grand Cayman again, but I had fun in Cozumel. What cruise line are you on? We did our first two on Carnival, but our last one was on Royal Caribbean and that is what we are going on this time.
Old Sat Apr 29, 2006, 10:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Wow, I did Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel before. I have no desire to go to Grand Cayman again, but I had fun in Cozumel. What cruise line are you on? We did our first two on Carnival, but our last one was on Royal Caribbean and that is what we are going on this time.
Grand Cayman can be great depending on the reason you go. The landscape is not particularly interesting nor is the beach all that spectacular...I wouldn't know about the nightlife since that's not my thing). But, if you're into scuba diving, WOW! It is absolutely unbelieveable....escpecially on the east end of the island (away from the cruise port). It's one of the top places in the world for that. My wife and I spent a week there in 2003...half in Georgetown and half in East End. We much preferred the latter. It was relaxing, quiet, few people, great service, and amazing diving....except for the day tropical storm Bill decided to kick up the seas...nothing like climbing aboard a 40' boat in 12 ft. seas while wearing scuba gear.
Old Sat Apr 29, 2006, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Would you recommend Royal Carribbean over Carnival?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Apr 30, 2006, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Wow, I did Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel before. I have no desire to go to Grand Cayman again, but I had fun in Cozumel.
Well, to be fair, the only part of Cozumel that I saw was the "shopping district" right at the port area. We walked about a mile along the main drag of town and it was just ugly and every door had a shopkeeper saying "Come in, best prices. Don't you want low prices?" Ugh. Never again. Plus, the place still hasn't fully recovered from last year's hurricane season. It was only the second time since the hurricane that our ship had been back to Cozumel. So it wasn't pretty at all.

Quote:
What cruise line are you on?
Disney. We had my daughter and my sister has two boys, so we did a Disney cruise. Loved it. In addition to the "normal" ports of call, we had a day on "Castaway Cay", which is Disney's private island in the Bahamas. It was a great time, and I'd definitely recommend it for anyone with kids. In fact, we met a couple who regularly cruise Disney even tho they have no kids yet. Kind of funny.
Old Tue May 02, 2006, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
Got that right. I didn't even think to expand outside of basketball.
Mike Carey is right up there IMO.
Old Fri Jan 15, 2010, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refTN View Post

By the way keep your eyes out for two young guys by the names Marat Kogut and Kane Fitzgerald, they are on the up and up. You will probably see them in the SEC but not for long they will be working in the NBA I would have to say within 10 years.

Just to bring back an old thread... both Marat and Kane just made the League this year.
Old Fri Jan 15, 2010, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfordwilkins View Post
Just to bring back an old thread... both Marat and Kane just made the League this year.
Nice...love when old threads like this appear...especially to share fun news like that. Obviously refTN has a good eye.
Old Fri Jan 15, 2010, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

I thought it was funny that 4 years earlier it was predicted and they both arrived together...