Old Wed May 04, 2005, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

Lighten up, Francis. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh thank you, Miss ChuckElias.
Old Wed May 04, 2005, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by darknails
Hi, I got into a arguement with someone about whether catching one's own airball is a foul. Can anyone give me an answer? And it'd be great if there is a written rule on line to prove it.. thanks!
Hey whattaya know - FIBA agrees with NCAA/NFHS is also legal.

Had a funny one playing last week in a socail comp. Referee called a violation because I passed the ball to a team-mate off the backboard. Was doing a layup and intentionally "bricked" it so my trailing team-mate could show off. Wasn't an alley-oop, but the ref ruled in illegal. Any thoughts from anyone where they may have gotten this strange ruling from? Had me stumped! (and I almost picked up a T for complaining/questioning the call)

Visit www.geocities.com/oz_referee
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny1784
Lighten up for what? You do not appreciate positive criticism? It amazes me how a male person rushes to judgment for the sake of flirting to a female. My fault for not looking up her/his user-names’ bio to read whether it was written by a male or female but I do not post replies based on people’s gender nor was the content to make a fan feel more ignorant than what they actually are. Maybe more often, members should proof read their written postings before actually submitting it. How do you know what she/he was really thinking? I am here to share and learn from others by reading what is written and not what I assume was written. Let us assume it was your fault she/he mistakenly wrote the word “foul” when she/he meant to have written “violation”. I thought it was extremely hilarious to read her/his post and I made a sound judgment as to who I thought the person might have been. While other members were very polite with a simple reply, e.g. “Except in the NBA, legal”, to me it was funny. Again, it sure didn’t seem like it was written by a real rookie or veteran official. Yet, more officials do not fully read their rule books, case studies or illustration hand books. And a fan doesn’t read squat-dilly. Besides, a user-name of “darknails” may have meant the person was a male who is employed in the construction field. You remember that old, old saying when you assume…

Have a wonderful evening, sir nose.
Somebody needs a nap, real bad.

I wonder if Bushref has re-incarnated again.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Hey Duane!!! Good to see you around! I have no idea why your play might be considered illegal. The official just thought it "looked funny", probably. Happens a lot, especially on traveling calls.

Hope you're doing well down there. Take it easy.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Oh and he's clever, too! Who ever would have thought to "accidentally" call me a female!! Wooo-hooo! That's funny, that is. Man, there's nothing like a good joke. . .

And that was nothing like a good joke!
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Oh and he's clever, too! Who ever would have thought to "accidentally" call me a female!! Wooo-hooo! That's funny, that is. Man, there's nothing like a good joke. . .

He's obviously not your picture:

Old Thu May 05, 2005, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Uh, oh, here we go again...

[Edited by M&M Guy on May 5th, 2005 at 02:09 PM]

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

He's obviously not your picture:

Hmmmm... I feel sorry for your woman if you're hanging that low!
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny 1784
While other members were very polite...to me it was funny.
...and you laughed at this first time poster in a public forum, a person who had a legitimate question in his/her/it's mind.

Then you were silly enough to make some weak comments about noses and genders...

I stand by my opinion of taking it easy on people, with questions, that might not be as well versed in the rules as you.
Richland, WA
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny 1784
While other members were very polite...to me it was funny.
...and you laughed at this first time poster in a public forum, a person who had a legitimate question in his/her/it's mind.

Then you were silly enough to make some weak comments about noses and genders...

I stand by my opinion of taking it easy on people, with questions, that might not be as well versed in the rules as you.
Yes, I thought the question was funny. Dad, I was being silly with “sir nose”, which if you knew your Rock N' Roll history, was a term used in songs by Bootsy Collins and George Clinton. I think it is funny when others write off-the-wall type questions. I even laugh at myself for doing stupid acts or writing dumb things. What’s up, you can not find humor in a serious question? Is this forum only for serious thoughts? I did not know this forum was using old Soviet Union guidelines when posting replies. It was cool that another bb official nicely answered the original question with a short answer but doesn’t mean he/she did not laugh while typing the answer. In my opinion, the question was written dumb, funny, and with ignorance. It sure seemed to be written by a non-basketball official or possibly the post was from a serious sports fan. How the heck do you call a foul out of catching your own ball in flight? Maybe you imply it is a violation of some kind, but a foul? Now don’t go rescue the original question by adding… “Oh maybe another player smacked the shooter on the arm”. Respect my opinions and I shall respect yours, dude.

Oh by the way, have a nice day, dude.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 02:27pm
MABO Member

Dude,..... did you just call him dude?

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokeEater
Dude,..... did you just call him dude?
Dude! That dude totally just called the other dude "dude", Dude!
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Ok, where's my car?

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

SWEET!

Nighty Night Johnny Boy!
Richland, WA
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
SWEET!

Nighty Night Johnny Boy!
I got your boy right here, dude. It is still trying to make the correct long distance call.
Closed Thread