The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

This is a case book situation(4.19.6A). A1 airborne shooter is fouled and then he commits a pc foul before he lands. The ruling does say that A1 shoots 2 shots. Do the players occupy the lane spaces or do you clear the lane for A1's ft's then award B the ball for an oob throw in?
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zanzibar
This is a case book situation(4.19.6A). A1 airborne shooter is fouled and then he commits a pc foul before he lands. The ruling does say that A1 shoots 2 shots. Do the players occupy the lane spaces or do you clear the lane for A1's ft's then award B the ball for an oob throw in?
The latter. If A1's last throw is good, B can run the baseline. If not, it's a spot throw-in. (The last two sentences assume that the baseline is the spot nearest A1's foul.)
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone ever called a foul on B2 for hitting the shooter while airborne then right after called a PC foul on A1 for running into B1. I have not ever had that occur, I was just curious if this is very common.
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 03:12pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Redhouse
Has anyone ever called a foul on B2 for hitting the shooter while airborne then right after called a PC foul on A1 for running into B1. I have not ever had that occur, I was just curious if this is very common.
Last year.

A1 gets whacked on the arm going up, which had no impact on horizontal movement.

A1 then ploughs into B1 who had roots.

No argument from anyone.
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

did you make both of the calls or did one of your partners pick up the other one
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

I've never called it, but when I picture the scenario in my head it seems most likely to occur with the calls split up. T calls a hack on B1 on the drive to the hoop starting from his primary while the L has B2 taking the charge in the paint because he was following the defender. It could be different, but that seems most likely. Peace.

Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

I had it in a state playoff game. I (C) called the foul on B1 and then A1 PC into B2 called by the lead. Ball went in. Waived it off, A1 two free throws (made both), B ball with ability to run the endline. Had to explain it but neither coach had a problem. Could maybe argue that L should not have called across the lane but oh well, it was PC.
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 07:00pm

Quote:
did you make both of the calls or did one of your partners pick up the other one
I made both.
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
I made both.
Did you double fist?
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 07:23pm

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
I made both.
Did you double fist?
Naturally.
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 08:47pm
Official Forum Member

I took the test today.

Well, my teacher was studpid and gave us the wrong question. He meant, who was the frist coach. And the answer to that question is Phog Allen.
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: I took the test today.

Quote:
Originally posted by PACMAN8604
Well, my teacher was studpid and gave us the wrong question. He meant, who was the frist coach. And the answer to that question is Phog Allen.
Phog? PHOG!?!? And I thought Padgett was kidding when he said the first bball player was Og!
Old Wed Apr 13, 2005, 11:25pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
The latter. If A1's last throw is good, B can run the baseline. If not, it's a spot throw-in. (The last two sentences assume that the baseline is the spot nearest A1's foul.)

Bob:

Isn't this situation a false double foul meaning that the fouls are penalized in the order that they occured with the penalty for the last foul be administered as if this were the only foul committed?

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 07:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Quote:

Bob:

Isn't this situation a false double foul meaning that the fouls are penalized in the order that they occured with the penalty for the last foul be administered as if this were the only foul committed?

MTD, Sr.
Yes. The last foul was the PC. The penalty is the ball OOB. And, it also might follow a basket. So, B gets to run the end-line. There's a specific case on this, iirc.

Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Yes. The last foul was the PC. The penalty is the ball OOB. And, it also might follow a basket. So, B gets to run the end-line.
Can a basket be scored on a play where a PC is committed?