The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Just a bit of advice for IMKCALLS, now firstly I was able to understand what was being said in this post as you can tell by my reply a few posts up. I can also understand why some people were not able to understand the post.

Now a suggestion, if you have a good word processor i.e. Mircrsoft Word, type up your post in there, put it through spell check and then copy and paste it over here. That way our posts stay on the origional topic rather then who understands and who can't understand what was origionally written.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 03:25am
Official Forum Member

imkcalls-

thanks for coming in and posting. as a newbie, i guess it is nice for me to know that senior guys still goof up every now and then, cause when i watch them it just seems like they do stuff right all the time. goodness knows i make tons of mistakes and am trying to correct them. but we are all human. so thanks for that. i mean, who is kidding who, even a total newbie like me knows that you arent supposed to lose it and that it is bad to lose it and that we shouldnt lose it. your question, it seems to me, was "has anyone done it?" and that is an interesting question to me. how many senior guys have made a major mistake like that?

but what i want to know is what did YOU do after the fact? what did your partner say? did you get in trouble? did you post-mortem the game with your buddies? what were their suggestions? how are you going to handle it in the future? were you able to discover the source of what caused you to lose it?

thanks for coming in. it was useful for me anyway.

now, i hope no one yells at me for not capitalizing the first words in my sentences

clark
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

After the game not much was really said. I go home to look at my friday nites game and see that I have the same two team in the finals of a tournament half way across the state, I could not belive it. Im the R in the game so I go out for pre-game check to books and call both head coachs out and the bus driver that made me LOST IT the nite bafore. I told both coachs that I was sorry for the way that I acted the nite before and then told the home teams coach what I was so mad about, he turned to his *** coach and looked at him like you have got to be kiddin, I dont think that he got off the bench that nite not even for time outs...After the game the coach I get home and have a phone call and it was the coach and he to told me he was sorry, we talk for about 20 mins.and then the next nite he came over to my house to play in a poker game im not sure what pissed him off more, to lose the game the nite bafore, or the 200$he lost. I hope that I did better this time, but I guess all of you teachers will let me no when the teacher were in class, i guess I was out on the court learning to blow my fox 40
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Well you are calmer now. Your gammar/English language skills still stink. Your posts are written at about a 5th grade English level.

I understood a couple things: you had a personal 20 minute phone call with the coach following the second game? Wow!

Then a day or two later he came to your house for a poker party. Wow! Wow! (that's a double Wow!)

You two sound like the best of friends. How could you possibly get mad at each other? You working his games sounds like a pretty big conflict of interest. Probably not comprehensible to a 5th grader.

Does anyone else have these kind of relationships with coaches? I'm stunned and appalled.

Maybe jealous too. Nah, most of the coaches I work for are asses.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

maybe it is you that is the ass
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

I don't even play poker.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry, but I must be the first to call "shenanigans" on this post.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Hey!

Quote:
Originally posted by imkcalls
maybe it is you that is the ***
That's almost like a complete sentence!