The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

When our experts on this forum disagree on a ruling where can we go to get an answer.
For example, I feel that the forum's experts were split on 2 sides on the thread that I posted (when the shooter jumps into an airborne defender). Where can we get an absolutely correct ruling?
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Well best advice I can give you is if you don't believe what's said on here or it's split, call your association.
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

Whatever MTD says is the absolutely correct ruling, especially if he invokes the dreaded cortically magnified confocal sugar cone of death with sprinkles and a 180 degree back flip into a tub of strawberry jello.

Right Mark?!
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Whatever MTD says is the absolutely correct ruling, especially if he invokes the dreaded cortically magnified confocal sugar cone of death with sprinkles and a 180 degree back flip into a tub of strawberry jello.

Right Mark?!
In Mark's posts you can tell if he is giving you a ruling by prefacing it with it is my opinion LOL
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Quote:

Right Mark?!
In Mark's posts you can tell if he is giving you a ruling by prefacing it with it is my opinion LOL
And you know it's a sticky problem if he needs to trudge up to his attic to retrieve the 1964 nfhs casebook annotated by J Dallas Shirley.

Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

I would always contact your state or your local association. Even if someone says something here it does not make it right if you think they are an expert or not. Many people do things based on what their state representatives tell them, that might not be in lock step with what everyone does or the NF or NCAA does. All this place is basically good for is an opinion. I know we do things in my state that are not always made clear by the NF and our state representatives comes up with ways or philosophies to cover what is not clear in any book.

Always trust your local people first. All we can do is give an opinion or share our personal experiences.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right Mark?!
And you know it's a sticky problem if he needs to trudge up to his attic to retrieve the 1964 nfhs casebook annotated by J Dallas Shirley.

well I want to know this. If he has to trudge up to the attic to get them all the time, why doesn't he keep them closer to the computer??? LOL
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 03:23pm
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: how to tell if mark is giving a correct ruling or an interpretation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right Mark?!

well I want to know this. If he has to trudge up to the attic to get them all the time, why doesn't he keep them closer to the computer??? LOL

Because my Better Half has instructed me to not clutter up the computer area and I prefer sleeping in bed that to sleeping on the couch.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 05:43pm
Official Forum Member

Point taken

Good answer Mark, and given the same situation, I would follow the same course of action LOL
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 07:07pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Red face

When you need a definitive ruling, give me a call. I have developed a psychic bond with Dr. Naismith.

There is a small fee, however.