Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 10, 2005, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
As I said, I thought he had both feet in the front court. Been wrong before too.

On that travelling call, I didn't think that the pivot foot moved, but it looked like there might also have been some contact that knocked the kid off balance. You know what Valentine's biggest problem on that call was, imo? I thought that he got caught too close to the play. He had a terrible view of the pivot foot because the play came right at him, and he was right on top of it-just a coupla feet away.
JR,

I agree with you on both accounts.

On the over-and-back situation, as C I like to hang out at midcourt while in trasition to get a good look at this exact call! T can't always see this call...and C could help!

One other thing I didn't understand about the beginning of the game. Clougherty made some sort of call on a Kentucky steal & fast break right in front of the table. Play stopped, I didn't hear a whistle, and the next thing you know, Kansas has the ball back. Anyone know exactly what happened on this play?? All 3 officials huddled quickly in front of the table and then play resumed. I'm wondering if there was an inadvertent whistle or something.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2005, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by roadking
whats the ncaa rule on traveling, while being doubled teamed (no dribble) with under a minute left, Miles fell to the floor then passed the ball to his teamate for a three. why wasn't there a travel call. how about all the held ball calls, i thought it was a physical defensive game.
He was dribbling before he fell and did not gather the ball until after he was on the floor.

B-ball fundamentals, you cannot travel during a dribble.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2005, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
As I said, I thought he had both feet in the front court. Been wrong before too.

On that travelling call, I didn't think that the pivot foot moved, but it looked like there might also have been some contact that knocked the kid off balance. You know what Valentine's biggest problem on that call was, imo? I thought that he got caught too close to the play. He had a terrible view of the pivot foot because the play came right at him, and he was right on top of it-just a coupla feet away.
One other thing I didn't understand about the beginning of the game. Clougherty made some sort of call on a Kentucky steal & fast break right in front of the table. Play stopped, I didn't hear a whistle, and the next thing you know, Kansas has the ball back. Anyone know exactly what happened on this play?? All 3 officials huddled quickly in front of the table and then play resumed. I'm wondering if there was an inadvertent whistle or something.
The Miles Travel...dribbling when he fell...no travel.

The Miles Backcourt...appeared like left foor was on the line (not absolutly clear in my video) but I lean towards no violation.

The other traveling (rolled ankle) call. I thought he had already pivoted on the other foot prior to the pivot shown in the close up angle. I agreed with the traveling.

The first half Clougherty question...I heard no whistle, as far as I could tell, the player heard a sqeak and thought it was a whistle and stopped dribbling (while still running) and then Clougherty called a travel. It was goofy, no doubt but I don't think the crew did anything to cause it.