View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 10, 2005, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
As I said, I thought he had both feet in the front court. Been wrong before too.

On that travelling call, I didn't think that the pivot foot moved, but it looked like there might also have been some contact that knocked the kid off balance. You know what Valentine's biggest problem on that call was, imo? I thought that he got caught too close to the play. He had a terrible view of the pivot foot because the play came right at him, and he was right on top of it-just a coupla feet away.
JR,

I agree with you on both accounts.

On the over-and-back situation, as C I like to hang out at midcourt while in trasition to get a good look at this exact call! T can't always see this call...and C could help!

One other thing I didn't understand about the beginning of the game. Clougherty made some sort of call on a Kentucky steal & fast break right in front of the table. Play stopped, I didn't hear a whistle, and the next thing you know, Kansas has the ball back. Anyone know exactly what happened on this play?? All 3 officials huddled quickly in front of the table and then play resumed. I'm wondering if there was an inadvertent whistle or something.