Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimgolf
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Everybody wants to talk about what the players should do, but I have not heard anyone tell me of a job where fans can throw things at you or say things to you and that seems to be OK.
Dunk tank clown.
Geek at carnival in Shoot the Geek paintball game.
Referees. Although I suppose we do have some options.

Sara
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Are you people serious? You can't control yourself at $5 million a season? Pay me $5 mil a season and I stay off the court, PERIOD!!! I don't care who throws what at me. If Artest wants to fight, send him to Fallujah. Our boys and girls over there would love to have him, as soon as they get adjusted to the fact that he only fights smaller people than himself. And some of them they would love his rap music. I say, let's bring morality (decency) back into everything, starting with sports. Looks like that's what most of the USA wants anyway, based upon the recent election. And we wonder why our players, ages 5-20, behave as they do? Perfect example, Artest's father thinks his son is being mistreated. What a surprise that Artest turned out the way he did. Let's not forget his son's track record, he's a proven piece of cr*p, over and over. I'm sorry, I must be missing something here.

[Edited by robertclasalle on Nov 24th, 2004 at 05:37 PM]
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 06:08pm
Huck Finn

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by robertclasalle
I say, let's bring morality (decency) back into everything, starting with sports. Looks like that's what most of the USA wants anyway, based upon the recent election. [Edited by robertclasalle on Nov 24th, 2004 at 05:37 PM]
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the military and I cannot make negative comments about our president but OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert, do you really think this?
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

Martial Artest

The more we learn about this guy, the more we realize he's actually crazy.

He showed up at practices in a bathrobe and steve madden loafers. Applied for a job at circuit city in the off season...

His today show interview should have let everyone know just how loonie he really is.

Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Question

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robertclasalle
You can't control yourself at $5 million a season? Pay me $5 mil a season and I stay off the court, PERIOD!!!

Then why would we pay you $5 mil?
Old Wed Nov 24, 2004, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Martial Artest

Quote:
Originally posted by martial artest
He showed up at practices in a bathrobe and steve madden loafers. Applied for a job at circuit city in the off season...
His today show interview should have let everyone know just how loonie he really is.
No offense, but those aren't even close to being funny. Circuit City? You need better writers.
Old Thu Nov 25, 2004, 01:55am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Martial Artest

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by martial artest
No offense, but those aren't even close to being funny. Circuit City? You need better writers.
Chuck, you are now the judge of what is and isn't funny? I'm not sure it was Artest, but I do remember hearing of a highly paid athlete who did apply for a job at Circuit City last summer. Mighta been Artest... can't recall.

Z
Old Thu Nov 25, 2004, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Martial Artest

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Chuck, you are now the judge of what is and isn't funny?
Yes. Yes, I am now the "Official Judge of Funny". My title will be listed at the top of the Forum page along with the moderators. All jokes will be submitted to me in triplicate via email before posting to the board. Jokes or humorous anecdotes that are not acceptable will be returned to the sender for revision.

New guidelines include the following: Jokes that involve referees and Foot Locker are acceptable. Jokes that involve players and Circuit City are not.

Did you honestly think the pictures were funny? Please.
Old Thu Nov 25, 2004, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Martial Artest

Quote:

Did you honestly think the pictures were funny? Please. [/B]
It doesn't matter what I think. You are the judge of funny. I should have asked you first. But yeah, if Ron Artest was the famous, rich athlete that actually did apply at Circut City last summer, then that picture is kinda funny, IMHO. (but only if the judge of funny thinks it is too)

Z
Old Fri Nov 26, 2004, 02:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Re: Re: Re: Re: Martial Artest

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Chuck, you are now the judge of what is and isn't funny?
Yes. Yes, I am now the "Official Judge of Funny". My title will be listed at the top of the Forum page along with the moderators. All jokes will be submitted to me in triplicate via email before posting to the board. Jokes or humorous anecdotes that are not acceptable will be returned to the sender for revision.
If we submit via email why do you need them in triplicate?

My two sense!
Old Fri Nov 26, 2004, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Martial Artest

Quote:
Originally posted by dhodges007
If we submit via email why do you need them in triplicate?
I knew somebody would catch that