The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Schedule Book (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/14314-schedule-book.html)

brandan89 Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:18pm

What is some kids of schedule books you guys use?

mick Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:31pm

Quote:

Originally posted by brandan89
No book.
Excel.
mick

brandan89 Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:32pm

And what all do you put in it?

Snake~eyes Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:34pm

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
Quote:

No book.
Excel.
mick

Ditto.

brandan89 Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:39pm

Could you send me a file with it in there so I can see how to set it up?

Mark Padgett Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:56pm

Quote:

Sorry, my schedule books don't have any kids.

mick Thu Jun 24, 2004 02:58pm

Quote:

Could you send me a file with it in there so I can see how to set it up?
2004 GIRLS' BASKETBALL
Date Day Visitor Home Level Time Partner Contract rec'd Income expense miles comments

lrpalmer3 Thu Jun 24, 2004 03:01pm

Thanks Mick, this will help me as well.

mick Thu Jun 24, 2004 03:39pm

Quote:

Originally posted by lrpalmer3
Thanks Mick, this will help me as well.
There are some real ones out here, set up by forum members, but I merely use the KISS system so I can retrieve what I need.
mick

johnSandlin Thu Jun 24, 2004 04:09pm

I use the one that Honig's sells. I have used it ever since I started officiating 10 years ago, and I really like it as it is easy to use, carry, and contains enough space to write all the needed information that I use for each game that do.

Camron Rust Thu Jun 24, 2004 06:03pm

I use excel and have another table that has my mileage listed per school. After I've been to a school once and have measured the mileage, I don't ever have to do it again unless I move. When I enter the school name, it looks up the name in the other table and fills in the mileage.

In addition, I use outlook for scheduling. I enter the games on my outlook caledar (directly exported from <A HREF=http://www.RefTown.com>RefTown.com</A> (<em> gotta plug my site where it shines </em> ;) ) and can see all of them with full game details in outlook (and on the road trough my Pocket PC).

[Edited by Camron Rust on Jun 24th, 2004 at 07:35 PM]

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Jun 24, 2004 07:44pm

I keep my schedule in three places:

1) Microsoft Outlook Calendar. I also use this as an officiating diary. Among the things that I keep in the notes of each entry are: teams, partners, game fee, meals, motels, mileage (including the acutal odometer readings), anything unusual that happened in the game (ejections and such), laundry, uniform and equipment purchases, telephone calls, etc.

2) Sharp YO-520 Electronic Organizer. I carry this with me everywhere. I can exchange information between it and the Outlook Calendar. I keep this up to date so that when I am asked if I am open or closed on a certain date I can give a definite answer immediately.

3) My wife helped me develope an Excel spreadsheet that is nothing more that a Schedule C in spreadsheet form. The lines of the Schedule C go from left to right and the days of the year go from top to bottom. On January 01st, I just push a button and every line for the previous year is summed up and I transfer the numbers to the appropriate line on the Schedule C.

My wife and I received the last of our W2's on Saturday, Jan. 31st. During the the Super Bowl's (February 01st) halftime show (we missed the Janet Jackson show) my wife and I used the H&R Block online software to file both our Ohio and US income tax returns. We received our state refund on Fri., Feb. 06th, and our US refund on Fri., Feb. 13th, both via direct deposit. It was the easiest and fastest we had ever had our taxes done.

brandan89 Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:22pm

I know this is not a computer help place but do you know if i create one on excel can i put a password to it so you have to have a password in it?

Mark Padgett Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:53pm

Quote:

I know this is not a computer help place but do you know if i create one on excel can i put a password to it so you have to have a password in it?
Yes, you can. A good password to use is TECHNICAL.

brandan89 Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:56pm

Do you know how?