The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Team A has team control in the frontcourt,while passing to A2,B1 deflect and was the last to touch it. Can any member from team A recover the ball in the backcourt without a violation?
Am sure they can but I cannot find it in the rulebook that can give me a better scenario or definition of it. can u guys help me on this one, is there a web site that might show me better details?
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I don't know about a web site, but the answer to your play is: yes, any member of Team A may recover the ball in the backcourt. This is b/c a member of Team B was the last to touch it before it went into the backcourt. If the ball had deflected of a member of Team A before gaining backcourt status, then it would be a violation for a Team A player to be the first to touch it in the backcourt.
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 07:47pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by xxssmen
Team A has team control in the frontcourt,while passing to A2,B1 deflect and was the last to touch it. Can any member from team A recover the ball in the backcourt without a violation?
Am sure they can but I cannot find it in the rulebook
Rule 9-9-1. Case book play 9.9.1SitC(b) is the exact play you set out above.
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
If the ball had deflected of a member of Team A before gaining backcourt status, then it would be a violation for... a... Team A player to be the first to touch it in the backcourt.
To be specific, "it would be a violation for any Team A player to be the first to touch it in the backcourt."
Old Thu Jun 03, 2004, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I don't know about a web site, but the answer to your play is: yes, any member of Team A may recover the ball in the backcourt. This is b/c a member of Team B was the last to touch it before it went into the backcourt. If the ball had deflected of a member of Team A before gaining backcourt status, then it would be a violation for a Team A player to be the first to touch it in the backcourt.
If the ball had deflected of a member of Team A before gaining backcourt status, then it would be a violation for a Team A player to be the first to touch it in the backcourt or frontcourt.