The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 06, 2004, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Backround to the situation, NCAA rules, Coach A requests a time-out, and does the 30-second mechanic to indicate this to the official. Official grants time out, but reports it as a full. At the end of the time-out Coach A is very mad, because one of his full time outs has been needlessly used up.

My question is, is there any remedy to this situation, or do u just move on from the mistake.
Old Sun Mar 07, 2004, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
I always ask for a verbal and signal indication - I dont grant requests until i see and hear it and I dont report until i ask twice or get verbal and signal from a coach. And I dont ask more than 3 times before he's stuck with a full unless hhes out.
Old Sun Mar 07, 2004, 01:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigGref
Quote:
Originally posted by ace
I always ask for a verbal and signal indication - I dont grant requests until i see and hear it and I dont report until i ask twice or get verbal and signal from a coach. And I dont ask more than 3 times before he's stuck with a full unless hhes out.
This is a great technique that I also use; I ask about a max of 3 times, then slowly give the verbal and visual signal for a full, If they don't get the hint by then, full TO!

If they turn around and whine, just tell them that they are wasting a Full TO! If they want to dispute it at the cost of another full TO, let em!
Old Sun Mar 07, 2004, 11:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Backround to the situation, NCAA rules, Coach A requests a time-out, and does the 30-second mechanic to indicate this to the official. Official grants time out, but reports it as a full. At the end of the time-out Coach A is very mad, because one of his full time outs has been needlessly used up.

My question is, is there any remedy to this situation, or do u just move on from the mistake.
If I know I made the mistake of a coach requesting a 30 and my reporting a full, I would go to the table and have the team charged with a 30. No disadvantage to either team because they both got the same amount of time to teach and rest. The only problem is the egg on my face.
mick
Old Sun Mar 07, 2004, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18

If I know I made the mistake of a coach requesting a 30 and my reporting a full, I would go to the table and have the team charged with a 30. No disadvantage to either team because they both got the same amount of time to teach and rest. The only problem is the egg on my face.
mick
I agree with mick, i will change it if it's my mistake.

My two sense!