The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Smile Sap?

I will talk to anyone that has a question as long as it is at the right time and it is done with respect. Tree Sap? You or the assistant coach? Nice attitude!
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Downhill

I know of some other things that run downhill besides tree sap... and a mouthy assistant can get right in there and slog around in the downhill flow. There is no room for an assistant to do anything more than what his boss, the HC, tells him to do.

I fully agree with some of the others that the HC should control his monkey. I recently had difficulty where I was getting along great with the HC but the A$$-is-tant wanted to be stupid. I wanted to T him but I didn't want to penalize the HC or the team... things were going very smooth except for the JV dingbat.

The idiot came out to midcourt to tell us how we should be calling things. Three steps in our direction and I had my stop sign up and I told him to stop three times. I told him "You need to get off the court. You shouldn't be out here." With my hand on his shoulder I guided him back to the sidelines. His response as he ckicken littled away... "Don't give me any crap!"

Ooooh, I wanted to T the ignorant, ungrateful jackass. I wish I had but I'm glad I didn't. HC and I got along fine. A$$-is-tant remained relatively quiet. They lost by 3. A Technical on the JV dork and it might have been 7. And I would likely have created tension with the head coach. HC and I have since then talked (next game) so he knows the situation.
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 11:11am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by garote
I don't know about the rest of you but asst. coaches rate slightly higher that tree sap.
Disagree. I like maple syrup.I'd rate the tree sap much higher.
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Downhill

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown

The idiot came out to midcourt to tell us how we should be calling things. Three steps in our direction and I had my stop sign up and I told him to stop three times. I told him "You need to get off the court. You shouldn't be out here." With my hand on his shoulder I guided him back to the sidelines. His response as he ckicken littled away... "Don't give me any crap!"
Interesting I had nearly the same sitch, except as the assistant wandered onto the court "Hey ref, lemme ask you sumthin'..." I walked right by him, broke into the huddle and told the head coach he needs to control his assistant.

And FWIW, I have learned to never put my hands on a coach. It might seem like a good way to guide him off the flor, but one fine day one of them's gonna turn to you and say "Take your hands off me!" and he'll be right.
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Downhill

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
I walked right by him, broke into the huddle and told the head coach he needs to control his assistant.
"Coach, your assitant is wandering around like he's lost."

I like it. I would also like to try just walking to another location on the court and see if he will follow... if you could get him to follow you to 2 or 3 different locations that would be pretty funny ... and by then the timeout would be over... If you could get him trapped out on the court away from his bench when the timeout ends, that would be hilarious.
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

danref- i totally agree. hands off.
Old Tue Feb 10, 2004, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Curious, is the assistant coach bench personel? Direct on assist. and indirect on HC?

'02-'03 Rules Book Rule 10.4.5
See penalty
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 06:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
Curious, is the assistant coach bench personel? Direct on assist. and indirect on HC?

'02-'03 Rules Book Rule 10.4.5
See penalty
Yes, 4-34-2. So Yes on the indirect. 10-4 penalty
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Re: Re: Downhill

Quote:
Originally posted by BushRef
Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown

That right there deserved 2 shots, no matter how buddy buddy you are with the coach.
AGREED!!