Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 02:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Re: Great Post

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey

I am just so tired of hearing about Rut's schedule that I cannot be objective anymore when it comes to games he gets or does not get.
Do not try to take a discussion from another board and try to involve everyone else in it without telling all the facts.

Quote:

It's like it don't matter what is in the rulebook or it doesn't matter what others' opinion are on a topic, ACA is all that matters. When he is on TV and doing D1 ballplayers out the ying yang, it is because of how good he is.
Again, if you want to have a discussion about what we talked about on the other board, do that. But do not try to come here and pick and choose what part of the discussion and try to pass it off as the "whole" story. Because when we were having that discussion, I mentioned what was an acceptable call and what was not an acceptable call. And did so about what was acceptable in my area. You then try to show a rule that suggested the play was an "intentional foul" and no one suggested that but you. You could not find one play that backed your contention of what was proper. And the original poster asked for opinions, not rule references.

Quote:

When the system lets him down, it is because he is black.
Name one sitauation where I said I failed because I was Black? Name one situation. Do not take part of the argument and use it, give the entire story. I will be waiting for you to do that, because you will not be able to.

But then again, you live in Atlanta. You probably think YOU know. BTW, I have family that lives in Atlanta. Wonderful city and surrounding area. But you probably have never looked around and talked to anyone there.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Race Card

Rut,

Somebody else brought up the racecard because you got knocked out of an assignment by some principal because he was white and from a white neighborhood. All your friends, assignors, etc. felt the same way. (if I knew how, I would paste your words here, not mine). The poster pointed out that you could not KNOW unless that is what you were told. Is any of this ringing a bell?

Anyway, in the last 12 hours:

You have told me to shut up
You have called me stupid
Now, you are telling me what I can say on this board or that board.

And, you are wanting to give me life lessons?
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 03:05pm
In Memoriam

Ronny, Rut,
C'mon fellas.
Yer both good refs and good people.

mick
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

neither

i am not a good person or a good ref but i would like to be. everytime i get close, i keep getting put down by the black man. you know, calling me stupid, telling me to shutup, making fun of where i live, telling me what i can't do or can do.

I just can't take it anymore. Help me, Mick.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 03:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Ronny, Rut,
C'mon fellas.

mick
I like the animation.

I think Mulk has some personal issues to deal with. Especially when someone is so wrapped up in what I say about anything.

I can only speak about personal experience. I can only talk about what works for me. The reason I always talk about my area (which everyone and their Grandmother does). I can only talk about the level I do. Sorry if that is 4 and 5 JV games during the week, when I do not do them. I have one tommorrow morning BTW. And if you notice, I do not come here asking anyone any questions about what to do in my games. For one, if I have any real issues with a situation, that is what the rulebook, casebook is for. And I have extensive access to phone numbers of officials that I trust their opinion to ask. Then if the situation is unclear to me, I might come here and ask for opinions after I have consulted with many officials I know personally, but with the complete understanding that it might not apply to where I live. I think Mulk does not understand the underlining issues that affect everyone's officiating life. It does not revolve around our individual feelings.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 03:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking You cannot handle the truth.

Quote:
i am not a good person or
Cannot speak on that one. That is something you family and your friends will have to decide.

Quote:

a good ref but i would like to be. everytime i get close, i keep getting put down by the black man.
This is why you need counseling. Because I have not kept you from doing anything. Maybe there is a Black man that is doing it, but it ain't me. If you are worried about some guy that lives in a "dry" suburb about 15 miles outside of Chicago city limits and you live in Atlanta or Hotlanta, which many call it, you are never going to get anywhere in officiating. I have family that live there, they are not running their lives based on what I say to them. They are grown. They have families and other concerns in life. Why does that not apply to you? You can call that an insult, you can call it a lie. But I do not even know anything about you and really do not care. Other than this post and the things you decided to disclose, I did not even know you exsisted. Sorry that my world does not revolve over ronny mulkey. And I really could give a damn.

I'm out!!

Peace
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

ACA rulebook

Is that the rulebook or casebook that is issued to those Chicago area refs trying to advance?

Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Ronny, Rut,
C'mon fellas.

mick
Yo Mick, that thing your smiley's are trying to eat looks like my dog at around 10 PM. ???
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 04:34pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Ronny, Rut,
C'mon fellas.

mick
Yo Mick, that thing your smiley's are trying to eat looks like my dog at around 10 PM. ???
Nah, Woody's bigger than a horse now, isn't he?

Got a saddle for him,yet?
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 04:37pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:
Ronny, Rut,
C'mon fellas.

mick
"Aaargh. Needs salt."
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 04:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Sarcastic but serious questions.

Quote:
Is that the rulebook or casebook that is issued to those Chicago area refs trying to advance?

Let me ask you this Mulk.

You call everything to the letter of the rulebook and casebook? You never call anything based on a philosophy or what people call the "spirit of the rules?"

So you call 3 seconds no matter what the player is doing?

You call all uniform and administrative rules to the letter (Shadow lines, size of the numbers, length of the net).

You T every coach that has a foot outside of the coaching box?

Have you ever attended a camp of any kind?

Have you ever spoken to an official at a level above yourself?

How many officials do you know that want to work 7th and 8th grade games all season long? I am not talking about the 30 year veterans that had their college schedules and State Final credentials that now their knees cannot take the punishment of kids more than 2 times their age. I am talking about the new officials that has just started or been around for a few years.

Because if all these answers are what I think they are, then I really do not see how you can even play a game, let alone not start every game with a T. But that is what the rules say.

Better yet, read the "3 second" post that has started sometime today and tell all those officials what rulebook are they reading. Why don't you tell them how wrong they are and to look up the rules in the rulebook and casebook. See how far that gets you.

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Jan 9th, 2004 at 03:59 PM]
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CYO Butch
Unhappy Re: Re: Great Post

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
It's just a shame when we lose it with each other instead of saving the righteous indignation for those that really deserve it, namely anyone besides the refs!
I'm sooooo hurt.

On topic, however, I can see how some whites who have not been around people of color, might become a little paranoid about how they speak out of fear of being accused of being racist. I don't think that fear is necessarily racism, I think it may well be ignorance. Particularly in the cited case, those assistants displayed a whole bunch of ignorance thinking they could ride an official without getting T'd up.

And a final aside, I don't think I've ever seen a T given that wasn't well deserved, or at least required by the rules. I don't know how you officials put up with half the stuff I have heard/seen. If I ever make the leap to the side of the force (away from the dark side of coaching), that may be my biggest challenge.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Great Post

Quote:
Originally posted by CYO Butch
Select * from Coaches where CLUE > 0;
0 rows returned
I LOVE it!
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Quote:
Originally posted by CYO Butch
Select * from Coaches where CLUE > 0;
0 rows returned
I LOVE it!
Ray --

I agree!!

Butch -- We have an unwritten rule around here, which I suppose should be stated more often. Any coach who:

1)continues to post here, and
2)takes the attitude that the refs are often correct, and even when they're not, they deserve to be treated as adults, and
3)never blames the losses on the refs

isn't included in the general, blanket criticisms. This means you, CYO Butch -- you are the exception to the rule, and nothing we say negative about coaches applies to you. Unless you want it to.

Ronny Mulkey -- It's okay to be annoyed with Jeff. You won't be the only one. But it doesn't have to have a lot to do with race. Jeff is a little abrasive at times just like a lot of Caucasian, Latino, Asian, and any other race guys. Just because race is the subject that you disagree about, doesn't mean that all blacks are like this or all whites are like that. Ya gotta shrug it off the way you would with Jurassic, or that obnoxious coach that keeps starting new threads about Dan. Or Dan, for that matter. I know you know that, but I just want you not to leave the board because of an irritation with one person.

PS. The only way to pull this off is to let him have the last word. No one will think less of you.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2004, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Quote:
Ronny, Rut,
C'mon fellas.

mick
Nah, Woody's bigger than a horse now, isn't he?

Got a saddle for him,yet?
A small horse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mick

"Aaargh. Needs salt."

Only after a bath. Prior to that he smells like low tide.
Closed Thread