The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 20, 2024, 05:30pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Player Assisted ...

7-1-1: Establishes that a player is out of bounds if contact by a teammate or other bench personnel outside the boundary line provides an advantage, allowing the player to remain in bounds.

Rationale: Establishes that a player cannot be assisted from outside the boundary line by teammates or bench personnel to remain in-bounds.

7-1-1: A player cannot be assisted by a teammate or other bench personnel on or outside of the boundary line to remain in bounds. The player is out of bounds if contact with anyone outside the boundary line provides an advantage by allowing the player to remain in bounds. This change eliminates the possibility of anyone outside of a boundary line assisting a player to prevent an out of bounds violation.

I’m assuming that the player who can’t be assisted is a player with the ball.

The new rule doesn't say that, but anything else wouldn't sense.

Players without the ball, with rare exception (offensive players on a throwin), are allowed to go out of bounds with no violation.

It says teammate or bench personnel, I wonder if a player with the ball can’t be assisted by opponents or opponents bench personnel (safety issue) who are out of bounds, or fans, or photographers, or officials, or cheerleaders, or police officers in the corners?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Yesterday at 07:33am.